Best Betting Sites Canada – 2022
Betting on sports online can be a thrilling endeavor, but only if you make sure to play on a safe website. This gives you the opportunity to go online at any time and place your wagers on the matches of your choice. You no longer have to visit physical sportsbooks in Canada, or miss out on great opportunities.
Thanks to online betting websites that offer a variety of betting types and options, you can do your gambling from the comfort of your home or any other location. Still, you need to know which websites are safe to use, and what you can expect if you decide to do this online. For that purpose, keep reading.
Best Betting Sites Canada
Types of Bets You Can Find on Online Betting Sites
Moneyline bets are some of the simplest you can make these days. This type includes only “odds to win”. The sportsbook in question will have specific odds for a selected team to win. In other words, you’d be wagering on which team – or in some cases player, will defeat another one.
If you are new in this or prefer to keep things simple, you should definitely place moneyline bets. There are three grades of this: win, loss, and draw. Basically, you’ll be placing your wagers on the winning team or bet that the game will end in a tie.
Point Spreads Bet
Point spread refers to the numerical separation between competitors in a game. This can be very small to very big. For example, in some cases, the point spread can be as little as half a point, or go upward of 50.
With professional sports, competitors have similarly high levels of gameplay. This makes it challenging to determine who will hit what score, which is what makes this type of bet interesting. The sportsbook will give you a selected point such as 3.5. You can bet above or below it.
Also known as ‘multis’ and ‘accumulators’, this bet type is fairly simple to understand. It combines several wagers into one bet. To be a winner, every bet in the parlay must win. You can combine your guesses for the total outcome of the game, the spread, etc.
In other words, you’d be placing several bets under one umbrella instead of placing them separately. It gives you a bigger amount to win, but is also riskier since there’s a lot to guess.
Proposition betting is available on most sportsbook websites you’ll find in Canada. It’s a very popular option and many people have made a fortune because of it. A prop bet is more granual than moneyline or spread wagering. It is based on questions that may or may not have an effect on the final score. For example, you can bet on a player hitting a home run, or guess how many rebounds he will collect during the match.
These are extremely popular with players because they give them an option if they cannot guess the outcome of the match. Also, if you are familiar with individual players and follow their gameplay, this bet can be perfect for you.
In this case, the player buys a number of points and has to parlay at least two selections. In most cases, this calls for the player to get 4 points per basketball match and 6 points per football game. In return, they have to pick a minimum of 2 teams to increase the chance of the bet failing by a single leg. Just like in parlay bets, you need to win all of the legs in the teaser to be a winner.
Totals go under or over and refer to the wager you make on the score. Your task is to bet over or under a selected number of goals, points, or runs. The odds maker will give you the number, and it is up to you to decide whether or not the team or the player will get above that number of stay below it.
For example, the odds maker will set this at 3.5. If you go below, you’ll win as long as the player makes a maximum of 3 goals. If they have more goals, you lose.
Live betting is extremely popular nowadays, especially online. This gives players a chance to make their guesses while the game is being played. Based on how the game progresses, they bet on what will happen next, the final outcome, etc. There are plenty of options for live betting and bettors find this to be exhilarating. Why?
For starters, it’s because they don’t have to wait for the game to start to see if they won their bet. Also, they can enjoy the game and make more informed decisions based on the current situation.
How to Join the Best Betting Sites Canada
Placing wagers on sports online is very simple today. All you need to do is find a site that you trust and sign up on it. The first part of this is essential, since you don’t want to choose an unsafe or unlicensed website.
Once you know where you want to place your wagers, follow these steps to sign up:
- Find the sign up page or form and fill it out
- Check the terms and conditions and accept them
- Choose a banking method of your choice
- Make your deposit (make sure to check fi the website has a welcome bonus for you to claim)
- Choose your sport type and bet and start playing
Banking Methods Available on the Best Betting Sites
If you choose to wager on sports online, you’ll find that there’s a plethora of banking options on different sites. Some are more popular than others because they are easier to use, come without fees, offer faster withdrawals, are safer, etc.
Today, some of the most available and most used banking methods on online sportsbook websites are:
- Credit and debit cards, especially Visa and MasterCard
- E-wallets such as PayPal, Skrill and Neteller
- Prepaid cards such as Paysafecard
Out of these options, the fastest for withdrawal are e-wallets and cryptocurrency. Prepaid cards are great for keeping track of your budget, but they are not available for withdrawals. Cards are always on your person, so they are preferred by many.
How We Pick the Best Canadian Sports Betting Sites
- Security and Licenses
- Companies must be licensed and regulated to provide safe and legal betting to users. Knowing this, you should never bet on a website that is not licensed and approved. We’ll check this as soon as we come across a new sportsbook.
- Banking Options
- You should know what options you have for depositing and withdrawing money before you pick a site. We’ll let you know which banking methods are offered and where, how long it takes for the company to process payments, etc.
- Sport Disciplines Offered
- This can be an entertaining experience that lasts you a long time only if they have a good range of options offered. Top-rated websites offer dozens of sports you can choose from, including football, basketball, baseball, tennis, and even eSports.
- Bet Variations
- There’s also the matter of what type of bets you can make on your preferred sports and matches. We look for websites with varied choices, as well as good odds. Some of the most popular bet variations today include parlay bets, point spreads, moneyline, etc.
- Bonuses and Special Offers
- As mentioned previously, you can often find bonuses on these sites, such as a match bonus on your deposit, some free spins on the casino section, no deposit bonus when you sign up, etc. These come with wagering conditions that we’ll learn and let you know about.
- Support Availability and Methods
- When you need some help or are having issues, you should be given the opportunity to speak to the support immediately. Poor support equals an unsafe and unprofessional betting website. This is why we always reach out and talk to the support before we write our reviews. We rank highly the websites with available, professional support and varied contact options.
- Is It Legal To Gamble On Sports Online In Canada?
- Yes. The gambling laws in Canada have changed tremendously over the years, and a lot of it is still gray area. However, there is nothing illegal about betting on sports on licensed websites
- Is Sports Betting A Popular Activity In Canada?
- Yes. Many Canadians love betting on Sports. There are many fans in the country, which makes the number of gambling enthusiasts at sportsbooks big. With the option to bet online and from any location, this has become more popular than ever.
- Can You Win Regularly When You Bet On Sports?
- Yes. If you follow the sports and the players, know what to expect, and bet frequently, you can win regularly. Still, there’s no guarantee or written rule as to how you can win money. It all depends on your knowledge and your luck.
- Which Are The Most Popular Sports On Canadian Sportsbook Sites?
- The big, popular Canadian sportsbooks offer tons of options in terms of matches and bet types. The most popular sports these days are football, baseball, basketball, tennis, and eSports.
- Can I Claim A Welcome Promotion On The Best Sports Betting Sites Canada?
- Yes. Many of the online websites that offer gambling of some sort have bonuses to offer to players. Even though these are not as frequent or big as you’d see in online casinos, you can claim bonuses on sportsbooks, also. You can claim a welcome bonus, match bonus, reload bonus, cashback bonus, etc.
- Can I Bet On Sports From My Smartphone?
- Yes. The good sportsbooks are all optimized for mobile use. They put a great deal of effort into making this available to all bettors, especially since the majority of players wish to place their wagers in real time. Nowadays, you can bet on matches live and from any location, at any time – all thanks to your mobile device.