It`s Time To Play Online Casino Of Montreal
What Is The Situation With Online Gamlbing In Montreal?
An online casino is an amazing chance for all gambling enthusiasts. Why? Because it offers them an alternative to traditional gambling. Instead of going to casinos and paying loads of cash, you can visit the best casinos in Montreal from your phone or laptop.
Online gambling in Montreal is really popular today. There are so many options available and most of their high-rated casinos have a website you can visit and play in. To be more, online casinos tend to be more generous and affordable than the live ones, which make this the preferred option of many.
Best Casinos in Montreal
Are Online Casinos Legal in Montreal?
Montreal does not have any law that prevents you from gambling online. You can invest your money on gambling platforms and withdraw your winnings without worrying about legal consequences. The only thing you should worry about is finding the Montreal best online casinos. There are many options there, but only few are as trustworthy as they are legal.
Online gambling is regulated by different bodies in the country, including a Montreal regulatory body. That being said, the real money online casinos you come across have to adhere to specific requirements for online gambling. Still, there’s more to quality gambling than just licenses, which is why you need our help in finding a great one.
History of Gambling in Montreal
Casinos and gambling originated around 2300 B.C. in form of a dice game in China. Or at least, that’s what the earliest evidence suggests. Through the ages, gambling has become more and more popular worldwide.
For Canadians, this has been a bumpy road. In 1380, Richard III prohibited all dice games to prevent archers from spending their time playing. In 1892, Canada banned every type of gambling due to stiff morals and religious reasons. But, since this prompted numerous underground criminal networks and illegal activities, the government decided to make some changes.
That being said, in 1900, Bingo and raffles for charity were allowed. Ten years later, horse racing was made legal in Canada. Finally, in 1925, gambling events started legally taking place at town exhibitions and fairs.
For Montreal, everything went smoothly from here. Lottery became approved and the government allowed all provinces to regulate and license gambling. Therefore, on the territory of Montreal, it’s the province that regulates all betting activities. Montreal marks two exceptional moments in the casino industry. The first lottery was held in aid of Montreal Olympics back in 1974. Then, after the first land-based casino opened in Winnipeg, the first online gambling site opened in Montreal in 1993. Right now, Montreal is the hub of some amazing Canadian casinos, both land-based and online.
Land-Based Casino Options for Gamblers in Montreal
You will find quite a few good land-based casinos in Montreal. Playing for real money here is legal and regulated, not to mention that players don’t have to pay taxes when they win money. Some of the most recommended casinos in Montreal include:
- Casino de Montreal
This is one of the largest casino institutions worldwide set in three buildings on Notre Dame Island. If you go there, you can choose between 3200 gaming machines and slot machines, as well as over 150 table games. The enormous gambling paradise also offers entertainment, shopping, dining, etc.
- Casino de Mont-Tremblant
As the name tells you, Casino de Mont-Tremblant is located in Mont-Tremblant, offering luxurious, lodge-like setting accompanied with a selection of over 500 slot machines and over 20 gaming tables.
- Niagara Fallsview Casino
Niagara Fallsview is a casino and resort at the same time. It cost over $1 billion and it is pretty luxurious. Offering some of the best views of Horseshoe Falls and prestigious restaurants and theatre, this is a place where you can gamble on over 3000 different machines and tables.
Online vs. Land-Based Gambling in Montreal
In addition to land-based establishments for gambling like these ones, Montreal is known as the source of several top-rated online sites. Even though land-based gambling provides you with unique, on-site thrill and experience, online gambling is more frequently practiced today. It offers an amazing deal of flexibility and usually comes with much more attractive bonus offers for players. Not to mention, you can gamble from any place and at any time without the need to dress up or get to a land-based gambling establishment.
What are the Most Popular Games in Montreal’s Online Casinos?
Your game choice will be based on your budget and preference. Even so, three games are most popular among players in Montreal.
- Baccarat – Baccarat is a game played with cards and between two people – you and the banker. The banker will deal the cards and try to beat you at this exhilarating game. Your goal is to beat him or at least get to a tie.
- BlackJack – BlackJack is also a card game, but with other players, too. Here you’ll once again be dealt cards and will have to make several decisions based on what you’re getting.
- Roulette – Roulette is popular for decades at this point and there’s hardly a game interesting enough to beat this one. The thrill of waiting for the ball to drop on the popular casino roulette wheel is unmistakably grand every time you choose your numbers and make your wagers.
How Our Team Rates Online Casinos in Montreal
We have a very detailed, specific approach for rating online casinos anywhere, including Montreal.
We compare deposits – It all begins with a short evaluation of the casino site. As soon as we open a site, we look for ways to play the casino games on it. To do this, we need to spend a certain amount of money, i.e. deposit (low or high). So, this is the first thing you’ll be finding in our reviews.
- We compare bonus offers – Our last task will be to see how you can benefit from choosing one casino over another. This is determined by their bonuses and special offers. Thankfully, all casinos online have them. However, some have much better bonuses than others.
- We compare wagering requirements – To play the games, you’ll have to meet the casino’s wagering requirements. This goes beyond just depositing their minimal deposit. We’ll tell you what it takes to start playing the casino games online.
- We compare games list – The next thing you have to do as a player is choose a game you’ll be playing. In online casinos, the games’ number and types can vary. That’s why we check for this to let you know before you choose to make your deposit. In addition to it, we’ll also see the game quality to determine if the casino is entertaining and fun to play in.
- We compare online feedback – What we can’t tell you, other people will. Those who play at online casinos often choose to share their opinion of the casino with others. They’ll teach us how the casino works and whether it is a recommended choice or not.
Best Montreal Online Gambling Sites
- Jackpot City
- This is an online casino that’s been offering a variety of gambling options since 1998. It is certified by eCOGRA and licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority, which makes it a proven site to safely gamble on. They feature over 500 casino games, multiple banking options, and 24/7 available customer service on their live chat. As a new player, you can claim up to $1600 in bonus money.
- Lucky Nugget
- Endorsed by eCOGRA and licensed by Malta Gaming Authority, Lucky Nugget is another highly secure website to gamble on. They also have over 500 different games you can choose from, all by the most popular software developer Microgaming. You can expect top-class experience, as well as a welcome bonus up to $200 here.
- Euro Palace
- Offering $600 in bonus money as a welcome to new players, Euro Palace is becoming more attractive with every passing day. Montreal and Canadian players can enjoy a selection of over 600 different slot games, table games, live games, and video poker on this website. Most of their games can be tested via demo version, which is excellent for new players.
- Zodiac is the favourite spot of Montreal gamblers who like to bet on a small budget. With a single dollar, you get 80 free spins on selected games. If you’re ready to bet more, you can claim up to $450 in bonus money on your first initial deposits on their website. This site is a member of Casino Rewards Group.
- Gaming Club
- With an amazing match offer for new players of $450, Gaming Club is surely a site to check out if you’re a Montreal gambler. This mobile casino exists since 1994, which makes it an established and very popular gaming institution online. They are endorsed by eCOGRA and licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority.
- How Old Should You Be to Legally Gamble in Montreal?
- Whether you choose to gamble online or at a land-based Canadian casino, you need to be at least 19 years of age. This applies to most provinces and cities in Canada, including Montreal. Exceptions include Manitoba, Alberta, and Quebec, where you need to be at least 18 years of age to gamble.
- Do Players in Montreal Pay Taxes When They Win Money Gambling?
- No, Canadians don’t have to pay taxes when they win by gambling. This applies to all kinds of legal gambling like horse racing, lotteries, online betting, sports betting, and any other game of chance. The only requirement for taxes applies to those who earn interest on their winnings, which they must legally declare on a T5 form.
- Who regulates gambling in Montreal?
- There are a number of commissions that regulate gambling in Canada. Kahnawake Gaming Commission is one of the popular licensers with over 250 certificates given to casinos.
- Can I play from mobile in Montreal?
- You can play casino games from your smartphone if the gambling site provides an app to download. However, if your phone has HTML5, you can play from a browser because the games are supported.
- What are the recommended payment methods?
- There are a few preferred payment methods: Credit card Debit card Visa Mastercard Paysafe American Express Neteller Paypal Skrill Cryptocurrency Using any one of these methods is great because they are proven to be a secure and safe way to transfer cash. You can use the same option you deposited with to withdraw, which means no need to rewrite all your details.