Best Canadian Online Casinos For 2021
Whate Are The Best Best Online Casinos In Canada?
All gamblers are interested in the same thing. They seek for the best online casinos. Reasons for that are obvious. Best online establishments offer the best games, even better bonuses and all perks you can imagine. They are respected and appealing sites, popular among beginners and also high-stake players.
If you want to know about best Canadian casinos online you have come to the right place. We have created the ultimate list with all the top sites after days of testing their offers and their capabilities. We will also reveal how you can check and find the ultimate gambling site by considering the most important factors.
Best Canadian Online Casinos
How Popular Online Gambling In Canada Is?
Canadians love to gamble for real money, and it shows in their activity. At land-based casinos, Canadians spend roughly $17 billion every year. They also spend almost $4 billion online gambling at various sites — both at casinos based in the country and offshore.
Those of you who have visited best Canadian online casinos know that online gambling is extremely popular across this country. There are almost 19 million gamblers of all ages. Average age is 35, younger than in other parts of the globe. Even students check online gambling sites occasionally. According to research, 40% of them have gambled at some point.
Canada is commonly ranked as one of the best gambling countries thanks to plenty of real money casinos, promotions available and so much more. Most popular games are slots, but Canadians also prefer roulette, blackjack and poker.
It’s a major industry in Canada that is only likely to continue growing in the years to come.
Is Gambling Online Legal At Best Online Casinos in Canada?
Gambling in Canada is legal in many forms. The country’s laws allow gambling to occur but put the decision-making power in the hands of Canada’s 10 provinces and three territories. First of all, gambling at mortar casinos isn’t very popular and there are no a lot of choices. Land-based casinos in all provinces require people to be 19 years old to enter. This applies in all provinces except in Alberta, Quebec and Manitoba, where you must be 18 to enter a land-based casino.
On the other side, online gambling is versatile and there are literally over 200 websites offering various possibilities. Canadian laws are simple to understand and they allow access to almost any online site for gambling. The only exception is a site that is located within Canada. It is illegal to use that site and to gamble there. Luckily for you, all sites we have tested and presented to you below are not located in this country. This simply means that all gamblers aged 19 and above can play games and enjoy as much as possible.
More important is the fact that winners don’t have to pay taxes of any kind. Each and every winning is completely yours and a player can keep it without paying even C$1. It is an amazing advantage and probably an additional reason why online gambling is so popular and so desirable here.
To summarize, online gambling in Canada is more legal than illegal and you are free to enjoy all games, all promotions and to deposit funds or withdraw winnings in C$. Obviously, there is no need to use a different currency and then exchange it.
How Gambling Is Split Up Among The Provinces
Gambling is popular throughout Canada. Not surprisingly, the majority of gamblers in the country are concentrated in the most populous provinces. Ontario, which is the biggest and most populous province, is home to 39% of all the players in the country.
After Ontario on this list are Quebec (24%), British Columbia (13%) and Alberta (11%). The other six provinces each account for less than 5% of players in Canada.
Many of the players in the country are also younger. A large 30% are between the ages of 18 and 34, while another 40% are between 35 and 54 years old. Only 31% of the players in Canada are over the age of 55.
Because there are so many different forms of gambling in Canada, each of these categories participates in something a little different. The younger players are more interested in online gambling as well as table games and poker. Older players generally like to play at land-based casinos and are some of the bigger slot players.
No matter where players are located and what age they are, though, they like to try different things. Recent surveys have shown that more than 70% of all Canadians who were of legal age participate in some form of gambling activity every year.
Best Online Casinos In Canada
- Jackpot City
- Jackpot City has been one of best casinos online Canada of all times. They are loaded with bonuses and promotions. Straightaway new players can win C$1800 bonus on several first deposits. Payout time is between 1 and 2 days while secure banking is guaranteed. Available games are slots, live casino games and also table games.
- Probably the best alternative when it comes to bonuses. As a new player, you are looking at an impressive bonus of C$2.000 and it is currently the highest promotion in the online gambling world. The pay over C$5 million per day. Payout rate is one of highest with 94.46%. There are over 700 unique games to play here.
- Ruby Fortune
- Ruby Fortune has a high payout rate as well. In general, it is 97.59%. Payout time is between 1 and 2 days. Casino offers over 450 various games. Bonus is C$750 but there are plenty of VIP bonuses and one of the ultimate programs for gamblers. Mobile gambling is completely supported and you can access games and enjoy them using any Android or iOS device.
- Mummy’s Gold
- Mummy’s Gold Casino has 100% match deposit bonus limited to C$500. They have over 500 games, which is average and they also offer gambling on Windows, Android and Apple devices. Some of the best payment methods are Skrill, Visa, MasterCard and Neteller and all of them are supported here.
- Let’s start with promotions. All newbies can enjoy C$500 + 99 free spins available for real money slots. They are licensed by MGA. Total game count is around 3200 games, impressive. It is a new casino launched in 2019 but they are safe to play at and they even have stunning VIP program with dedicated managers.
- 1000 games, C$1400 in welcome package bonuses and additional 140 free spins are just a few reasons why this casino is on our list. Additionally, we can add that they offer live and mobile games and have an advanced VIP program. C$ is supported and available currency players can use. These guys are licensed by Curacao eGaming.
- Euro Palace
- Euro Palace is one of best online casinos across the globe. They have 640+ games, live dealers and mobile games and also C$500 welcome bonus for new players who open an account here. They have been with us since 2010 and operate under MGA license.
- Night Rush
- Enjoy a welcome bonus here of C$1000 and over 450 games. Casino was launched in 2017 and they are considered as one of best online Canadian casinos with a stunning user interface, modern features and so much more. All major software developers like Microgaming, BetSoft and many others are available.
- Royal Panda
- Royal Panda is an amazing online establishment. They have been with us since 2014 and operate under MGA and also UKGC, which is excellent. Game count is over 400 while the welcome bonus is C$300. It is 100% match offer. They do offer various additional promotions and so much more.
- Lucky Nugget
- Lucky Nugget is one of best casinos online available in Canada. All new players from Canada enjoy C$1000 in bonuses, which is epic. The site was released in 1998 making it one of the oldest online establishments in the gambling world. They are covered by Malta Gambling Authority and use a state of the art SSL encryption for all processes.
The Best Banking Methods At Canadian Online Casinos
Canadians have a lot of options for funding their online casino accounts. If they are playing at a site that is legal in Canada (aka sponsored by a province), then they’ll have the option of credit/debit cards, bank accounts and third-party applications.
If they are playing at an offshore casino, they may not have the option of using a credit/debit card or direct bank transfer, though. The financial institution might block the transaction.
That’s why third-party payment services such as Trustly, Skrill and Ideal are so popular for banking methods among Canadians. Some online casinos also offer cryptocurrency options such as Bitcoin, and that is very popular, too.
The Advantages Of Online Casinos
There are many advantages Canadians can benefit from when playing at an online casino. Some of the top benefits include:
- A wide selection of games
- Innovative games with features that can only be offered online
- The ability to play whenever and from wherever
- The ability to choose slots, table games, sports betting and more
- The ability to play live dealer games to get a real-life experience
- The ability to gain rewards and/or loyalty bonuses
- Extra bonuses and promotions not offered at land-based casinos
- Customer service support available 24/7
The Disadvantages Of Online Gambling
While there are plenty of advantages of playing at online casinos, there are some disadvantages, too. For Canadian players, some of these disadvantages include:
- Not a lot of casino options when it comes to licensed and regulated operators in Canada
- A delay on cashing out winnings depending on the banking method used
- Not being able to use whatever payment method they want (including cash)
- Not having the experience that in-person excitement provides
- Possible downtime with the site or lag time with games
- The need to have up-to-date technology to play
- The need to research legitimate online operators
How You Can Choose Best Online Casinos For Real Money
All best rated online casinos have one or more licenses. These are permits online establishments must get from a gambling authority in order to operate and serve their games to players. Most commonly used permits come from Malta Gambling Authority, UKGC and similar. It is crucial that a site has one or more of these permits. Those without must be avoided.
Available software developers
More games equals better fun and more appealing gambling in general. Aim for sites that have at least 5 software developers. Some of the biggest names in the industry are Microgaming, NetEnt, BetSoft, Novomatic and many others. More is merrier in this case scenario. Software developers develop table games, live games, slots, bingo and lottery games.
Deposit and withdrawal options
It is crucial to find best online casinos where your preferred methods for deposits and withdrawals are supported. Best and most commonly used are debit cards and eWallets, so make sure at least 2 of them are available. These methods can be used to add funds to your account but also to withdraw any winnings to a bank account and use them in the real world.
Always keep your eye on reviews and feedback from other gamblers. If a casino changes something, regular players are first to notice and share. You can then adapt accordingly and make any changes or even avoid that online establishment in the first place.
What Casino Games Are The Most Popular In Canada?
Blackjack is one of the most popular casino table games that is offered in Canada. It is a card game where players try to get as close to 21 as possible without going over. They play against a dealer’s hand and can also win if the dealer goes over 21.
Roulette is a popular game because it’s so easy to play. Players just need to place bets on individual numbers between 0-36, or groups of numbers such as 1-18, 19-36, Even, Odd, Black or Red. The dealer spins a ball on a wheel that has each of these numbers/colors on it, and wherever the ball lands, the payouts are made.
Baccarat is another extremely popular card game. You can make three wagers for each hand — on the Dealer, on the Player or on a Tie. Cards are dealt to two hands each round, and rules state when another card is drawn or when no more are drawn. The hand that is closest to a value of 9 wins.
Online slots are perhaps the most popular type of online casino game in Canada. Online slots provide the opportunity to have unique features such as wild symbols and scatter symbols that trigger bonus games such as free spins rounds. They also have progressive jackpots that can pay huge winnings.
Keno is a popular lottery-like game. For each round, you place wagers on numbers, much like Roulette. You need to place wagers on at least five numbers, though, for each round. Then, lottery balls are drawn that correspond to the numbers on each person’s card. Winners are determined by how many correct numbers you match.
- Who regulates online gambling in Canada?
- Online gambling in Canada isn't regulated by a specific authority related to government. Instead, it is controlled by gambling authorities that cover the entire world. You can see names such as MGA, UKGC and similar. It is crucial for a casino to have at least one permit!
- Can I get bonuses for gambling online?
- Yes, almost always you are looking at various promotions which can make gambling more appealing, more profitable and also better. We are referring to promotions in general and an average user can get between 1 and 3 as soon as he created an account.
- Which bonuses can I get for gambling at best online casinos in Canada?
- Players are looking at no deposit bonus, deposit bonus and also special promotions that are offered at a specific time frame. Of them all, most common are match offers in which casino will match your funds when funding an account by 100% or even higher. Free spins are commonly given as well, especially when a software developer is promotion a new game or a new sequel. Cashback is available as well and it is precisely as name suggests. Online establishment will give part of lost money back to your account.
- What are best payment methods for deposits and withdrawals at online establishments?
- Best and most commonly used payment options are debit cards and eWallets. Don't forget bank wire transfer, which is popular among older gamblers. EWallets are more appealing to younger gamblers thanks to apps and the ability to easily add and withdraw funds via smartphone. All of these methods can be used for withdrawing funds. When using a debit card, your funds will become available on your bank account. When using eWallets, you must withdraw winnings to e-wallet account and then withdraw them to a bank account.
- Can I play for free, without a deposit?
- Yes, you can play completely free without adding funds to your account or anything similar. To enjoy this perk, aim for online establishments that give no deposit offers. It can be something like C$10 when you register or free spins for a slot. It is up to you to choose.
- Can you gamble on your phone in Canada?
- Canadians are allowed to gamble at online casinos using a phone or other mobile device. How they can connect to the casino -- either via a mobile browser or mobile app -- depends on the online casino they choose. Some offer mobile apps while others do not.
- What slot games are the most popular in Canada?
- Canadians love to play online slot games, and they love big payouts. That shows in what slot titles are the most popular in the country. The top titles are Mega Moolah, Ancient Fortunes, Thunderstruck 2, Immortal Romance, Book of Oz, Lara Croft, Break da Bank Again, Rockabilly Wolves, Cash of Kingdoms, and Fortunium.