BC Online Casinos For Real Money
What Is The Situation With Online Gambling BC (British Columbia)?
Casino popularity in British Colombia is at an all-time high, with some gambling sites getting 10,000 players. Players return each day to play popular games like slots, roulette, and more. The sites are regulated by respected authorities, which means gamblers can trust that their cash is safe.
Online casinos are the fruitful mix between games of chance and earning real money. Gamblers enjoy it as a pastime where true cash winnings also happen.
In simpler words, an online casino is a virtual place where gamblers from the online market have access to a large array of wagering games, which they can play, place bets on and potentially win incredible wealth.
Best Online Casino BC
A Brief History of Gambling in Canada and in the Province of British Columbia
In 1892, the Canadian Criminal Code introduced a complete ban on all forms of gambling, but in 1900 changes were made allowing charitable bingo and raffle events to take place. Some ten years later, horse racing was put on the list of acceptable types of gambling, then in 1925, public fairs and exhibitions were permitted to host gambling events.
Many years later, the Canadian Government came to appreciate the potential value in lotteries. As a result, the Criminal Code was updated, allowing provincial governments to take over control from the federal body. In 1974, the first lottery was held to raise money for the Montreal Olympics.
Further relaxations and a general acceptance of gambling by the general public as a recreational activity, have seen the establishment of land-based casinos in many provinces, including that of British Columbia.
Today, the largest land-based casino in British Columbia is the River Rock Casino Resort. It is owned by Great Canadian Gaming and entertains around 10,000 visitors per day. In 2005, 2007, and 2007 it hosted the British Columbia Poker Championships. Today there are 34 licensed establishments in British Columbia plus 3 Bingo halls.
Popular games in British Columbia
There are a number of popular games you can find on online BC casinos:
By far, the most popular game you’ll find is slots and jackpot slots because of their simplicity. The game is based on luck, which makes it that more exciting when you win!
Top Land-based Casinos in British Columbia
Of the 34 licensed venues mentioned above, only 18 are considered to be “fully-fledged” in as much as they possess live tables as well as electronic table games and slots. Aside from River Rock, there is small selection regarded as being top establishments, and they include:
Cascades Casino Resort Langley
Cascades is located in the center of downtown Langley. It offers some of Langley’s most diverse and exciting gambling opportunities 24/7 across its 84,500 square feet gaming floor. It provides gamers with over 1,000 sots, video poker, and keno machines to try their hands at, plus 23 gaming tables where punters can hone their skills playing classic casino games, including baccarat, blackjack and of course, poker. As part of an $18,6 million renovation, Cascades now boasts a stylish new bingo hall.
Grand Villa Casino
With over 1,300 of the latest slot machines, 67 gaming tables, and 11 dedicated poker rooms, Grand Villa Casino is a quality act. Its Pulse Arean Table Games offer a dynamic mixture of electronic table games, live dealer games, with interconnected play in a unique, high energy environment that you won’t find in any other casino.
Lake City Casino – Kelowna
The 21,000 square feet Lake City Casino is a gaming house with a difference. It has a Caribbean cruise ship theme complete with a dramatic waterfall entrance and rockscapes. Featuring over 450 slots, 16 gaming tables, and 4 dedicated poker tables, Lake City is one of Kelowna City’s most entertaining establishments.
Online Casinos as Opposed to Land-based Casinos in British Columbia
In Canada, as in many other countries in Europe and North America, the online casino industry often comes face to face with its land-based counterparts. Up to now, 4 Canadian provinces have regulated gambling within their environs. They are Ontario, Manitoba, Quebec, and British Columbia. This, together with the rapid growth of gaming on mobile devices, has led to online gaming becoming very popular.
The odd thing about Canada, unlike other nations, is that anyone, anywhere within the provinces, is free to gamble wherever they wish. Although this is not yet written into the Criminal Code Law, it means that Canadian citizens cannot be banned from gambling at online casinos. The result is that British Columbians and other Canadians are happily accepted at the vast majority of online gambling sites.
In general, the Canadian economy is rapidly expanding its online presence, and the online gambling industry is no exception. That, together with the fact that the new generation of British Columbian gamblers prefer to play online, where there is more choice, and the virtual betting experience, whether on a desktop or a mobile device, means that the outlook for online gambling just gets better and better.
Best Online Casinos in BC (British Columbia)
- Lucky Nugget
- One of the best online casino BC gamblers are entitled to play at is the Microgaming-based casino, Lucky Nugget. It comes with a long tradition behind, being launched all the way back in 1998. For an online casino to stay in business for such a long time, it means it managed to keep the standards high enough for old-timers to still enjoy, while becoming malleable enough to attract new faces as well.
- Euro Palace
- With its 1st, 2nd, and 3rd matched deposit bonuses, totaling to a max of €600, Euro Palace is arousing much interest in the British Columbian gaming community. T&Cs include a €10 minimum deposit and 50x wagering constraint. With a wide choice of slots, progressive jackpots, and a live casino, Euro Palace is well worth a visit.
- The PlayNow.com gambling website is owned and run by the British Columbia Lottery Corp. It was launched in 2004. Here, gamers can buy Lotto tickets, play slots, enjoy live casino games, and bet on sports, all from the comfort of their own homes.
- The Bclc.com website is a gaming website with a difference. It has been set up to serve the best interests of its players and their communities in British Columbia. They maintain that the games they offer and the way they work are fair, honest, open, and trustworthy. With their intention of helping the players and communities of Britsh Columbia, they appeal to responsible gamblers that have a social conscience.
- Joo is anything but a regular, boring online casino. Recently established in 2018, it aggressively attacks this competitive market from all sides. First off, it’s one of the few casinos accepting Bitcoin betting and it even includes it in the welcoming bonus, offering a 100% matching bonus, up to 0.5BTC. The sign-up bonus actually consists of 2 additional matching deposits following the first amount. Also, there are weekly promotions that hand out the gamblers’ preferred bonuses, free spins, cash-backs and reload bonuses. The game selection is wide, with titles from 20 software providers and the mobile play is also set and ready to use.
- If a player’s main concern consists in ensuring that there is a varied array of deposit means, combined with enough withdrawal methods, while respecting the withdrawal time mentioned in the terms and conditions, this is the site for you. Casumo is the BC online casino, which greatly insists on offering sufficient payment methods for all desires while ensuring a maximum withdrawal time of no longer than 2 days. An interval generally respected, as mentioned in several players’ reviews, which we’ve gone through.
- 1X Slots
- As its name states, the website is focused on slot machines games, but without being exclusive about it. For instance, there are more than 200 live casino table games available, more than enough for any enthusiast to find something worth his interest. The venue excels when it comes to the payment methods accepted, with a lot of options for both depositing and cashing out. It’s also a casino focused on cryptocurrency gambling, with a multitude of options, besides Bitcoin:
- Mr. Green
- Perhaps the aspect which puts Mr. Green in the race for becoming the best online casino BC Canada players have seen is the attention to detail. For instance, among the impressive number of languages available for this website, there are different versions for the English language alone, with variations for the British, the Canadian, or International players. This is undoubtedly something that BC players appreciate. Besides this, the online casino presents as a solid option for slot enthusiasts with many and varied choices available.
FAQ on BC Online Casinos
- Are online casinos legal in BC (British Columbia)?
- This issue has a two-side approach, resulting from an incomplete view of the regulations pertaining to gambling in general. So, regarding the BC Canada online casino, there are two way to go about the subject: First, there is a state-run online platform, called PlayNow.com, which offers all those interested, over 19 years old and with British Columbia as their location at the time, the option to play state-supervised online gambling games. On the other hand, players resident of BC isn’t forbidden to play at the offshore based casinos, which in turn accepts Canadian gamblers.
- What is the legal age for online gambling in BC?
- You must be at least 19 years of age to gamble in Britsh Columbia. Aged 19 or more, you can gamble at bingo halls, casinos (land-based or online), horse racing tracks, and at fully licensed events held in communities.
- Are winnings taxable in BC casino online?
- No, Canadian citizens (including British Columbians) are not taxed on their gambling winnings. You would only be taxed if you invested your winnings, and they earned interest.
- Is online gambling legal in BC?
- Yes, as of 1900, new laws were introduced to make gambling legal in BC. However, the casino must be regulated by one of the large licensing authorities to operate.
- What is British Columbia’s legal gambling age?
- Unlike most countries where the legal age to gamble is 18, British Columbia has set a unique age. You must be 19 years or old to set up an account at an online casino.
- Who regulates gambling in BC?
- The authority that regulates online casinos in British Columbia is the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch (GPEB). They ensure the integrity of the gambling industry companies and any wrongdoing.
- Are there mobile gambling sites in British Columbia right now?
- The most popular online casinos in BC have a mobile app available to download. You can find them on your smartphone’s app store and begin playing within minutes.