What is an Online Casino Welcome Bonus?
Online casinos offer different types of bonuses to users that rely on their services. Of these, the largest and most substantial is the welcome bonus. But what’s a casino welcome bonus and why do the most avid players seem fixated on its presence (or absence) on a platform before joining it?
A welcome bonus is an incentive that casinos offer to users new their services and is normally activated once the player has entered and confirmed their details and made a deposit cash deposit.
Welcome bonuses can generally be divided into two distinct categories: cashable and non-cashable.
Best Canadian Casinos with Great Welcome Offers 💰
- 150% Welcome Bonus up to $200
- The Best Available Loyalty Program
- Mobile Gambling Available
- This Low Deposit Casino is licensed under the Malta Gaming Authority
- Casino Launched in 1998, Trustworthy Casino
- Wide Range Of Payment Options
- New Online Casino available in Canada
- Welcome Package: €1500 + 150 Free Spins
- 500+ Online Casino Games Presented
- 80 Chances to Become Millionaire for 1 Euro (up to €480)
- 100% Bonus up to €100 (Second Deposit)
- 550+ Online Casino Games Presented
- 97% Average Payout Rate
- Desktop & Moblie Compatible Minimum Deposit Casino
- Gambling Horoscope Presented on the Website
- Bonuses up to 450 EUR + 150 Free Spins!
- 100% Bonus Up To 150 CAD
- 50% and 75% Bonuses for Second & Third Deposits
- Minimum Deposit: 20 EUR/USD
- Monday and Wednesday Great Promotions
- Weekly Tournaments
- 500+ Casino Games
- 125 Chances to Win Jackpot only for $10
- 100% Bonus Up To €150 (Second Deposit)
- 550+ Casino Games Presented
- Approved by ECOGRA and Kahnawake Gaming Commision
- Trustworthy Casino (15 years old)
- Welcome Bonus: 100% Up To €300 & 20 Free Spins
- Live Casino Available
- 2000+ Casino Games
- Casumo Has Great Android App
- 150 Chances to Become Millionaire only for $10
- 100% Bonus up to €250 (Second Deposit)
- 550 Online Casino Games offered on Grand Mondial
- This Casino has Downloadable App
- Approved by ECOGRA and Kahnawake Gaming Commision
- Welcome Bonus: 50% up To €100
- €100 Bonus with First Deposit
- 10% Cashback on Thursdays!
- Weekly Tournaments
- First Deposit: 100% Up To CA$200
- Loyalty Rewards Presented
- Top VIP Membership
- Compatible with All Devices
- Welcome Bonus: 200% Up To $5000 + 50 Free Spins
- Second and Third Deposits with Bonuses
- Great Loyalty Rewards
- Top VIP Support!
- 10 Free Spins Without Deposit!
- Welcome Package: CA$ 1500 + 140 Free Spins
- Live Games Available!
- Really Fast Payouts!
- Great Monthly/ Weekly/ Daily Promo Offers
- Live Casino Section Presented
- Sport Beting is Available at this Platform!
- iOS and Android Apps are Available!
- 200% Welcome Deposit up to $2000 & 30 Free Spins
- 1000+ Online Casino Games
- Bondi Bet Is Android, iOS and Windows Compatible
- Easy Sign-Up Procees
Best Online Casinos with Welcome Bonus 💰
The first deposit on Lucky Nugget earns an extra 150% bonus, up to $200. Depositing $20 will give you an extra $30, but since the maximum bonus is capped at $200, depositing anything more than $130 will earn you a $200 bonus. The second doubles your initial deposit up to $1,000 but is only valid for deposits above $500.
Joo Casino is a relatively new platform but has what qualifies as one of the best first deposit casino bonus platforms on the market. The first deposit earns a 100% bonus up to $100, the second grants a 50% deposit bonus ($100 max), the next deposit grants 75% ($150 max) and the fourth comes with a 100% bonus ($100 max).
Casumo is another gambling platform that’s loved by players for having what’s possibly the most modern design in the whole industry. Their bonuses aren’t too bad, either. The first deposit comes with a 200% bonus for a maximum deposit of $50, the second grants a 50% bonus ($150 max) and the third grants a 50% bonus ($200 max deposit).
BondiBet takes the crown for the best welcome bonus, hands down. The next-best first deposit bonus casino offers far less money.
- The first deposit earns a 200% bonus, capped at $2,000
- The second, third and fourth deposits come with a 100% bonus of up to $1,000.
- The fifth deposit comes with a 175% bonus of up to $1,750.
Night Rush is another relatively new entrant to the market, and that’s largely reflected in the offers they grant players.
The first deposit grants a 100% bonus for up to $100, the second comes with a 75% bonus capped at $150, the third earns a 50% bonus of up to $250 and the fourth comes with a 25% bonus of up to $500.
Gaming Club is another pretty old casino site, which could be why their approach towards welcome bonuses is a lot more conservative.
It is spread over the first two deposits: players get a 100% bonus for the first deposit of up to $200 and the second bonus earns a $150 bonus and this is capped at a maximum of $150.
It may not qualify as the best first deposit bonus casino in the world, but it’s enticing enough to attract plenty of players.
The first deposit gets a 100% bonus of up to $100 together with 100 free spins for specific games, and the second earns the player a 50% bonus, capped at $200. With the third, you can pick up an extra 50% bonus of up to $200.
Casimba is a casino owned by Miami-based company Ivy Team. New players on the platform are granted a welcome bonus that’s split over the first three deposits.
For the first deposit, the player receives a 200% bonus and 50 free spins that can be used in specified games. The second has a 125% bonus and comes with 50 free spins, and the final deposit gives a 150% bonus with 50 extra spins.
This platform only offers a match bonus on the first deposit, capped at a maximum of $100. In other words, depositing $50 will earn you an extra $50 to wager with, a $100 will grant you an extra $100, but anything more will still grant you the maximum amount – $100.
Players on 1x slots will enjoy a 100% match deposit bonus for any amount above $10 and below $301. In addition, new players also get 30 free spins, but these can only be used in specific games. The second deposit comes with a 100% bonus, capped at a max payout of $350 and the third gives new players a 100% match bonus for up to $400.
Zodiac is a relatively small platform but has quite the offer for new players. The first deposit can be as little as a dollar and grants you 80 free spins. The second gives a 100% match bonus capped at $100, the third has a 50% bonus capped at $50 and the fourth deposit grants a 50% bonus of up to $150.
Famed for their ‘150 chances to win’ tagline, this platform does just that. The first deposit gives you 150 free spins on Mega Moolah and the second nets you a 100% match welcome bonus. It’s a competitive offer for people that already play Microgaming’s popular title.
They may not have the best online casino welcome bonus, but it’s still a respectable offering. The first deposit comes with a 100% match bonus capped at $100, the second grants a 50% bonus of up to $100, the third offers a 25% bonus of up to $100, the fourth offers a 50% bonus of up to $100 and the fifth deposit comes with a 100% bonus of $100 max.
FAQ on Welcome Bonuses 🔎
Cashable bonuses are just what they sound like – a welcome bonus casino that can be withdrawn for real cash, as long as you satisfy certain prerequisites.
Normally, the prerequisite will be wagering requirements that vary depending on the website itself. Normally, there is a minimum number of bets or a minimum amount of cash that you need to place before you can withdraw the cash. For instance, a $100 bonus with a 20x wagering requirement means you have to bet $2,000 before you can withdraw your winnings.
A non-cashable bonus, also referred to as a sticky bonus, is the exact opposite of a cashable welcome bonus. You’re not allowed to withdraw the casino first deposit bonus in any form.
This is normally used by smaller casinos as a way of allowing players to try out the game before using the platform in its full capacity. Non-cashable bonuses have to be fully spent because you can’t withdraw them, but often offer higher amounts than cashable bonuses.
For the most part, welcome bonus casinos allow you to use them for any game on the platform. The most important exception is when the welcome bonus is not monetary. For instance, some welcome bonuses are better suited to slot players, eg. free spins, while other bonuses are better for poker players.
No matter how great the welcome bonus casino, the amount they can offer ultimately depends on the developer. Companies known to have pretty great bonuses in most of their games include Microgaming, NetEnt and Playtech.
Different platforms have different approaches toward how welcome bonuses can be claimed. For some, the welcome bonus is awarded as soon as you accomplish certain tasks. It could be automatically applied once you deposit the first amount, for example, or you may need to use a welcome code to redeem them.
This varies from welcome bonus online casino to casino. It’s generally possible to withdraw winnings from cashable bonuses while non-cashable bonuses, of course, won’t allow you to withdraw the winnings. As a rule of thumb, make sure you go through the platform’s terms and conditions before signing up.
Depending on the platform, the mobile casino welcome bonus offered is going to be different. Most casinos offer a welcome bonus, no matter how small. Look around for companies with less restrictive terms (smaller wagering requirements) and bigger winnings before signing up.
Again, this depends on the platform you’re signing up for. A lot of companies, especially newer ones, have no-deposit welcome bonuses. They aren’t any more restrictive than deposit bonuses, except with companies that offer both. Normally, this is in the form of a higher wagering requirement.