Legal Online Casinos, Only Checked Sites!
What are the Best Legal Online Casinos in Canada?
When gambling online, it is mandatory to do that at legal online casinos only. You can distinguish those sites by a simple trick. All of them must have a permit from gambling authority. It may be MGA, UKGC, Gibraltar, Curacao or something else. What all of these permits have in common is that a casino has been tested and approved. It is now licensed and players are protected. In a case casino starts causing issues with gaming, withdrawals or winnings in general, that permit will be revoked. We only test and recommend licenses casinos.
The Popularity And Legality Of Offline Real Money Gambling In Canada
The gambling industry in Canada is massive with around 76% of Canadians taking part in the activity. Land-based casinos are a popular Canadian pastime for many decades and are completely legal, but it depends on the state. There are more than 100 casinos across Canada that attracts around 30,000 people per day. It’s not just the older population that is flocking to offline casinos. You’ll also find millennials and middle-aged people taking a shot at winning it big.
Offline gambling establishments are a big industry in the North American country that is showing no signs of slowing down. You’ll find them in all the big cities across the country and dotted around tourist locations too. Therefore, you don’t have to travel too far to find a suitable location to play your favorite games.
The legality of casinos in each state has different rules. You will not find offline gambling establishments in states such as Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Newfound Land and New Brunswick. However, the best places to find a casino is Ontario, Alberta and Quebec. You’ll need to visit these states if you are interested in taking part in some gambling action. They are big business as an estimated CA$145 million is generated over the 100 casinos every year.
Most Popular Canadian Land-based Casinos
You’re spoilt for choice with the amazing amount of gambling locations. Here are the top 5 land-based places to gamble if you live in Canada:
- Casino de Montreal: this location is one of the biggest in the world for punters to enjoy. The establishment is made up of 3 buildings on the Notre Dame Island. You’ll find over 150 table games and over 3,200 slot offerings, which is more than what competing places are providing.
- Casino de Mont-Tremblant: the setting for this location is picturesque. There are 20 table games such as Roulette and Baccarat. You can also enjoy more than 500 slot games with a lot of variety. High rollers are also accommodated in private rooms where big bets can be placed.
- Niagara Fallsview: this location cost around a $1 billion to build on land that was once a power plant. The venue is amazing since much more than gambling is on offer. You can take advantage of the high quality restaurants, shops and theatre. With so many activities on offer you are spoilt for choice.
River Rock: it’s placed near the Vancouver International Airport, which means it’s great for travelers. There is a wide range of games on offer with a dedicated poker room and over 1,000 slot games. This offering is perfect for poker players looking for regular games.
Provincial Online Gambling Statistics
The spread of gambling statistics across Canada is interesting since there is a lot of differentiation. This might be because the access to casinos in different provinces is not the same. The participation rates for video lottery terminals in Manitoba and Ontario are 21% and 2% respectively.
Overall, Ontario and Quebec offer the most gambling opportunities with over 10,000 places to place bets. Therefore, the participation rates there are 83% and 66%, which is the majority of the population.
Once real money betting laws are changed in other provinces you can expect the participation numbers to increase there too. However, it might take business away from the current popular betting provinces.
Is It Possible To Find Legal Canadian Online Casino?
Yes, it is easy to find legal online casino in Canada due to one specific reason. Gambling here is extremely popular. The number of gamblers will soon reach 20 million (players who gamble on a regular basis). At the moment, Canada is top 8th country for gamblers according to figures but it is expected to reach higher ranking by 2025. We can see more and more online establishments being offered to this country and more players will use perks such as bonuses, stunning games and so much more. Although we were referring to computer, old-school gambling, mobile gambling is becoming even more desirable.
Is It Legal To Gamble Online In Canada?
When you find online casino legal in Canada, with or without our help, you are free to gamble there. In general, online gambling is legal but there is one rule. Players can only gamble at sites which are not actually located within Canada territories. For instance, if a site is located in Ontario (server), it would be illegal to gamble at that premise. But, if a casino is located on the Isle of Man, which is a more common option, it is legal and completely allowed to gamble without any rules. Online casino Canada legal regulations may vary from state to state, but in a nutshell, they are all the same. There are no issues discovered of any kind and you can enjoy playing games as long as you like. Lack of regulations also means that a player isn’t mandated to pay taxes on his winnings. In other words, all winnings you win are 100% yours. This applies to online gambling, playing using a smartphone or any other form of online gambling. There are no special requirements or facts we have to reveal. It is perfectly legal and it is easy to add funds to account, play online slots and also withdraw your winnings.
Best Legal Online Casinos List
1️⃣ Jackpot City
One of the best legal online casinos in Canada is Jackpot City. They offer an impressive C$1800 bonus for all new players. Payout speed is quickest, between 1 and 2 days. There are over 650 games to play and live dealer games are obviously supported. Mega Moolah jackpot at this very moment is C$5 million and it is rising.
Spin Palace is one of online casinos legal in Canada with massive popularity. Payout speed is 2 days, there are over 700 games to play and they pay out over C$5 million per day. Bonus for newbies is around C$2.000 (one of the highest in the gambling realm in the country).
3️⃣ Ruby Fortune
Players here get modest bonus of C$750. There are additional VIP promotions that are above average, casino offers 450 + games and you can play them via a smartphone or a tablet. Win rate here is 97.59%, very high. Payout speed is 1-2 days and customer support options are email, telephone and live chat.
4️⃣ Mummy`s Gold
Casino is developed to look like ancient Egypt. Players can enjoy roulette, blackjack, table games in general and of course slots. Bonuses include an offer for first deposit up to C$500. Minimum deposit is C$10. Wagering requirement for bonus is 50 times.
Maneki supports all commonly used payment methods, offers a massive collection of 3200+ games and they have prepared welcome promotions of 99 free spins and C$500 for all who create an account here. They host various tournaments players can participate in and win big time. In addition, daily and weekend promotions are available.
Perhaps it has a strange name, but this site is stunning. It is commonly rated as one of the top choices in Canada every single time. Players can play over 1000 games (slots, table games live game sand more) and can get C$1500 + 140 free spins as soon as they add funds to account for the first time. This is legal casino Canada that attracts plenty of attention among players today.
7️⃣ Euro Palace
Euro Palace is an elegant online establishment. Canada online casino legal site has MGA license and also all the games are tested by eCORGA. It is safe and fair place to try out your luck. Games come in number 640+, and welcome offer is C$500 for all new players who create an account.
8️⃣ Night Rush
All players can enjoy an impressive welcome offer of C$1000 reserved for new players only. 450 games are available and their number is changing as we speak. Additionally, the casino is a safe place to be, has a simple and intuitive user interface and supports Neteller, Paysafe Card, MasterCard, among other payment methods.
9️⃣ Royal Panda
Average winning rating here is above 96%. New players can win 100% match up to C$500 and additional 30 free spins for a game called Treasure Skyland. The site has MGA license and has been considered as one of the top legal sites for gamblers. It is one of legal online casinos that does deserve your attention.
🔟 Lucky Nugget
With C$100 as a promotion, 650+ games and stunning theme, Lucky Nugget has been dominating Canada gambling community for a long period of time. Keep in mind that this is 150% bonus offer for newbies. Permit comes from MGA while games are checked by eCORGA and there are no complications.
Who Are The Most Important Gambling Regulators In the World?
Gambling operators play the important role of ensuring that a casino is legitimate and offers fair games. When you register for an account and place bets at a regulated location, you can be confident that it is not a scam.
Therefore, it’s important when playing at a new casino to find out if there is a regulator and who they are. Here is a list of the top regulators that are worth paying attention to:
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC): this regulator was forged from the 2005 Gambling Act in the UK. They handle the burden of verifying the legitimacy of casinos to see if the games are fair and the operation is free of crime. They tackle legal problems in the industry and make sure gamblers have a fair chance to win real money. A range of services is provided by UKGC, which makes them one of the more trusted regulators in the world.
- The Malta Gambling Authority (MGA): fairness and transparency are evaluated by this regulatory body. They were founded in 2001, which means they have been around more than most. Many online websites (more than 500) have a seal of approval from this organization. They hand out 4 different type of licenses, which are for table games, slot machines, skill games and lotteries.
- Curacao e-Gaming: this operator was established in 1996 and are from the Dutch Kingdom. They are a good choice for new operators because of how easy this regulator makes it to get started. Curacao e-Gaming offers a single license to cover all aspects of gambling operations, which is simpler than seeking multiple licenses.
Canadian Local Gambling Regulators
There are multiple Canadian regulators that help provide legitimacy to the industry. The majority of provinces have their own regulatory body and here is a list:
- Alberta: Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission
- British Colombia – BCLC
- Quebec – Loto Quebec
- Ontario – Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation
- New Foundland – Service NL
- Prince Edward Island – Prince Edward Island Lotteries Commission
- New Brunswick – New Brunswick Gaming Control
- Saskatchewan – Saskatchenwan Liquor and Gaming Authority
The majority of these license providers offer their own gaming services. However, they are typically not of the same quality with regards to the quality of games and bonuses.
- Are casino slots fair and who checks?
- Does the casino you are interested in have a license from a good regulator? Then the betting is fair and you don’t have to worry about being scammed. Most casino operators will not want to sacrifice the reputation of their business to try and cheat their customers. The top Canadian casinos offer fair games. You can also find out the expected payout from slot games so you know what your chances of winning are. The transparency means that you can be confident of not placing bets that are rigged. Even if you experience many slot spins without winning you should not be alarmed. Sometimes slots payout a lot in a small number of spins, but the opposite is also true.
Casinos can use a regulatory body such as GLI (Gaming Laboratories International) and BMM to check the fairness of online slots. These are third party companies that provide objective results. They check to see if the win rate advertised is true. You should inspect if a slot game has a seal of approval before you start playing.
- Which regulators cover legal online casino Canada sites?
- In Canada, each state will regulate gambling in their own way. However, this is usually the same and there are no major differences. Online sites are commonly regulated by Malta Gambling Authority and, in some cases, UKGC. Other gambling authorities are common as well, but not as much as first two.
- Are bonuses available at legal casinos?
- Yes, you will almost always get promotions. They should be used thanks to the ability to enhance your gambling experience helps you win more and play more games. There are several types and each one has its own list of pros and advantages.
- Which bonuses are available?
- Available bonuses include match deposit bonus. It is given once a player adds funds to his account. It can be 100% or 200% match, depending on a site. This has been one of the most commonly provided offers for a long period of time and we believe it will remain there. Second popular form of bonuses are free spins. They apply to one game (slot only) and they can be used to test a game or win. Promotions also include cashback, which means that a casino will give back a part of lost money and weekly/daily promotions.
- What are most commonly used payment methods for deposits and withdrawals?
- Most commonly used methods are primarily debit cards, especially VISA and MasterCard, although other types are common as well. For most players in Canada, this is the simplest form of funding an account and playing games. It is also simplest to withdraw it because funds can be directly withdrawn from casino to bank account. EWallets are used as well, especially Skrill, PayPal and Neteller. They come with an app that makes them appealing for younger gamblers and for those who use smartphones.
- Can I play games without any deposit?
- Yes, you can play games if a casino awards you with no deposit bonus. This is usually a type of promotion given to newbies and comes in the form of free spins for slots. In some situation’s online establishments give free money, literally.