Megaways Slots In Canada: New Megaways Casino Slots
Background of Megaways Slots
Megaways was introduced to the casino market in 2015 and developed by Big Time Gaming, a giant in the gambling software world. This Australia-based company created technology that took the casino world by storm.
Megaways is a random modifier of reels that changes symbols while they appear on each reel during each spin. In other words, this means that when you spin the reels, a different number of symbols will appear on each. As a result, you’ll get hundreds of thousands of ways to make a win.
Slots made with this technology are highly innovative and run on a groundbreaking mechanic. Nowadays, players are thrilled about playing games like Extra Chilli, Bonanza, and Genie Jackpots. Thanks to the colourful screens, modern design, and fantastic earnings, such games are becoming more popular than ever.
Most Megaways Slots in the catalogue of BTG offer a whopping number of 117,649 ways to win. Since its creator began licensing this technology to other companies, you can find a diverse selection of games that use this, which means that this number will vary from game to game. Some slots have 14,625 paylines, while others can have up to 248,832 paylines.
Online Casinos To Try Megaways Slots
Technology and Workings of Megaways Slots
The CEO of Big Time Gaming, Nik Robinson, explained that the idea behind this technology came from a desire to create more innovative slot machines. BTG wanted to create a slot machine that would give gamblers a chance to win big on every spin they make.
In the start, most believed that this wouldn’t work. Most players preferred big symbols and this technology brought an entirely different approach. It wasn’t a small change – it was a complete reinvention of slots. In 2015, the first Megaways slot was introduced – Dragon Born. When Bonanza came out the following year, things became really good for this company. With hundreds of thousands of variations available, gamblers truly enjoyed the experience.
It can sound complicated, but it’s actually really simple. A standard Megaways slot has 6 reels and up to 7 symbols on each. The mechanics randomly select how many symbols will appear on each, which can create thousands of different ways to win real money. If you get 7 symbols on each reel, it works out as 7x7x7x7x7x7x7, which equals 117,695 ways to win. This is the biggest win available with BTG slots, while in games like Holy Diver and White Rabbit, this number even goes higher. Holy Diver gives you 586,971 ways to win, while White Rabbit gives you 248,832 ways to win.
About Megaways Paylines
Different slots have a different number of paylines. Most games have smaller numbers than 117,649. Megaways slots feature from 2 to 7 winning images per a single reel. To calculate the number of ways, you need to multiply all icons.
In most cases, slots have 2 to 4 symbols, which means that there are lower chances to win, but that depends on the slot machine. Naturally, the ones with highest number of paylines are most popular with gamblers.
RTP in Megaways Slot Machines
RTP or Return to Player refers to the percentage of the money players wager on a machine that’s returned to them over time. For example, if you pick a slot with 90% RTP and make a hundred $1 bets on it, you can expect to get $90 in return. For most frequent wins, you should target games with RTP higher than 96%.
Bonuses and Features of These Slots
The Megaways series list innovative slot machines that range from classics to fast-paced, modern video titles. When you play any of these, there’s no dull moment. Since there are plenty of symbols and chances to win, this game is tempting and interesting for a long, long time.
One reason why players find these games to be favourable are their bonus and special features. These include:
- Cascading reels are found in most such slots and give players a chance to win extra prizes. With these reels, every time there is a winning combo on the screen, all symbols in the winning line disappear and are replaced by others.
- Free Spins are frequently seen on these reels and can vary depending on which game you play.
- Unlimited Win Multiplier is available in most video slots and it activates when you trigger a free spins feature. The value of a multiplier increases by one unit at every winning reaction, including cascading reactions.
Top Rated Megaways Slots Online Developers
Big Time Gaming is no longer the only brand that develops these slots. They’ve allowed other big companies to produce such games, including giants like:
- Red Tiger Gaming
- Blueprint Gaming
- Merkur Gaming
- Relax Gaming
- Scientific Gaming, etc.
All of these have produced terrific slot machines with different number of paylines, themes, and special features.
The Best Megaways Slots Explained
Aztec Gold Megaways
Aztec Gold Megaways is an iSoftBet trending slot machine with 6 reels and many ways to win. You have 117,649 chances to win money on this game, which is enriched with a reaction feature, cascading symbols, and Scatter symbols available on this machine. When 3 Aztec Gold Cash respins occur, you get new respins and multiplier for each scatter symbol. The RTP of this slot is 95.99%.
Who Wants to be a Millionaire Megaways is naturally based on the famous TV game show, which means that it has a familiar design. It’s a creation of Big Time Gaming and has an RTP of 96.27%. With a total of 117,649 ways to win, this is obviously a very popular choice with gamblers. It has a free spins bonus, increasing multipliers, and a chance to win 10,000 times your bet or more.
Curse of the Werewolf Megaways
Curse of the Werewolf is a simpler game that uses these mechanics. It has an excellent design and a great free spins feature. This is a highly volatile slot with wins of 40,976x the stake possible. Curse of the Werewolf Megaways has 6 reels and up to 46,556 ways to win.
Gods of Olympus Megaways
With an RTP of 96.03%, this is one of the most popular choices among slot fans. It has a Greek mythology theme and many special features such as multipliers and extra wilds. The main free spins bonus can be bought at a cost of 100x your stake. Gods of Olympus is a Blueprint Gaming slot with 6 reels and up to 15,625 ways to win.
Rainbow Riches Megaways
Rainbow Riches is by far one of the best machines today. It started as a traditional slot machine called Rainbow Riches. It was inevitable that someone will create a Megaways machines based on its success with gamblers. It has an RTP of 95.9% and features such as free spins and multipliers.
Captain Rizk Megaways
Red Tiger Gaming created a highly volatile slot machine called Captain Rizk. It gives you an opportunity to get over 10,000x your bet. In terms of RTP, it has 95.65%, which is average in the slot machine industry. With up to seven symbols that fill a total of 6 reels, players can benefit from up to 117,649 ways to win
- What kind of RTP do these slots have?
- Slots in Megaways series are known for their high RTP compared to standards in the casino industry. It is still a wide spectrum since there are over 60 different titles in BTG series, not to mention others created by other software developers. The lower RTP in these series is 95%, while some slots are known to have over 97%.
- What’s the maximum win I can expect when I play these slots?
- Depending on which game you play, you can expect huge wins with these games. There are hundreds of thousands of ways to win, as well as opportunities to get up to 50,000x your bet in some Megaways machines.
- Who owns the Megaways trademark?
- Big Time Gaming was the creator and continues to share its trademark with several suppliers who have signed a deal to use its mechanics.
- Is there a demo version with these slots?
- Gamblers love trying out new games for free. Most Megaways video slots have a free play demo version, allowing you to get a feel of a new game, as well as see if it meets your expectations.
- Can I use free spins on Megaways games?
- Yes. Many casinos reward their players free spins on Megaways titles. You can also play these in demo version, but without the possibility for real wins. On top of that, some games have bonus rounds that include free spins.
- Are Megaways games basically jackpot slots?
- Technically, these machines are not jackpot slots. However, they share the same feature of being unpredictable. As high variance games, these machines offer thousands of chances to win. Mixed together, they can amount to around 10,000x your stake or more.
- What are the best Megaways features?
- Some of the best Megaways features are wild multipliers, cascading reels, mystery symbols, and unlimited or increasing win multipliers.
- What does a ‘’Megaways slot’’ mean?
- Megaways slots are same as traditional machines with one main difference – they have no paylines. Instead of paylines, these slots use Megaways mechanics and offer thousands of ways to win on every spin. They also have dynamic reels instead of a static play area.
- Who invented this system?
- Megaways was invented by Big Time Gaming, an Australian software developer. This gaming mode was born in 2015 and is currently used to create slot machines by dozens of other developers.
- How can one play Megaways games?
- Players can choose to bet on different number of paylines. On these slots, you need to receive identical symbols that don’t have to be tied to a specific line, and can come back at random places.
- What are the best rated games that use Megaways?
- Megaways powers some of the best slot machines at this moment. The most popular of them include Genie Jackpots by Blueprint Gaming, White Rabbit by Big Time Gaming, and Extra Chilli by Big Time Gaming.