Play Real Money Blackjack In Canada: Rules, Terms, Strategies To Win!
Real Money BlackJack Explained
Casino fans all love the game of BlackJack. If you have been to the best payout casino, you’ve probably seen people sitting around a banker, thinking hard about their next step. Some of them are big winners, while others lose. Unlike the rest of the casino games like Roulette, playing BlackJack online requires little learning since the game has a limited set of rules. It’s easy to play and yet, it gives a certain thrill that keeps the players energized.
Your winnings in this game will depend greatly on luck and quite a lot on the strategy you use when playing. Today, you can even play Blackjack in mobile casino online, which is actually a much more affordable option than playing in a physical, live casino.
Blackjack Game Origins and Story
The beginnings of Blackjack are still uncertain. Most people believe that this game originated in around 1700 in French casinos. At the time, this game’s cards were called Vingt-et-Un which translates in 21. Some believe that Blackjack was invented by the Romans who played it with wooden blocks.
What was known as 21 game is now called Blackjack and today’s rules are following the gambling legalization and can be different based on which casino you choose. Even though rules have changed and new variants of it appear all the time, this remains a very popular casino game, now available at online casinos, too.
Is Online Blackjack Rigged at Casinos?
As long as you gamble at licensed and legit casinos, games won’t be rigged in any way. Licensed sites that are regulated and endorsed by companies like eCogra are your safest choice when gambling. This way you can be certain that you’re trying your luck and games are not rigged.
Developers to Look for When You Play Blackjack Games Online
Your experience, the game quality and design, and even odds can vary depending on which developer has created the Blackjack game. As is with other games, you should look for renowned software developers to find great variants of this game. The highest rated choices are Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, BetSoft, etc.
Rules You Must Know Of to Play Blackjack Online For Real Money
As a BlackJack player, your task is to beat the dealer. Unlike Baccarat where you can bet on the player or the dealer, here you must be the winner to actually win at an online BlackJack game.
Basic Rules of Online Blackjack for Real Money
When you play Blackjack online at real money casino, you need to start with a bet. You determine your bet based on the wagering requirements of the casino and wait for the dealer to give the cards to the player. The dealer will distribute two cards to you, all other players, and himself. Only one of the dealer’s cards will face up.
Your task is to get to a score that’s close to 21, but not exceed this number. To do this, you must calculate the score of the cards. This is where you have to pick your strategy – to hit, split, stand, or double.
Different variants of the game can tweak rules a bit, but generally speaking, it has these rules:
- The goal of the player is to beat a dealer’s hand and not go over 21.
- Whoever is closer to 21 but not above it wins.
- Players start with two cards. One card is hidden until the end of the game.
- All face cards are worth 10. Aces can be worth 1 or 11 depending on the hand.
- To get another hand, you need to ‘hit’. To hold your hands and skip your turn, you need to ‘stand).
- When you go over 21, you need to ‘bust’. This is when dealers win regardless of their hand.
- If you get 21 right away, you have a blackjack.
- You can double your bet and get one more card.
- You can split your hand in two hands if you have two of one card. This will also double your bet.
Gameplay of Blackjack
The game starts with the person sitting on the left of the banker. He’s the first one to see his cards and decide whether he wants to stand and not get a card or hit and get a new card. He also another option – to forfeit the game with the option ‘bust’, which is your only option when your cards already exceed the number 21.
Glossary of Blackjack Terms
If you haven’t played Blackjack before, you better learn the glossary terms before you start gambling online. This will make things much easier.
- Barring a player – Barring a player happens when the casino prevents a player from joining the game.
- An anchorman – An anchorman is the person who seats on the right of the dealer. He’s the last one to play.
- First baseman – The person seated left of the dealer is the first baseman. He’s the first one to play.
- Natural or Blackjack – Natural or Blackjack is a winning hand that contains an Ace and a 10 value card. If you have this, you win automatically.
- Bust – When a bust happens, you have over 21 points in your hand. This is where you lose automatically.
- Card counter – A person who knows to keep track of the cards is called a card counter.
- Double down – If you want to double the bet before the dealing of the last hand, you can double down.
- Draw a card – When you want an extra card in addition to the ones you have, you need to draw a card.
- Early surrender – You can surrender half your bet when the dealer checks for Blackjack. You do this by performing an Early Surrender.
- Flat bet – When you make a flat bet, you’re making the same bet with every hand.
- Hard total – When you have no ace or an ace counts as one, you have a hard total.
- Hit – When you choose to draw an extra card, you hit.
- Hole card – The card that isn’t shown by the dealer is called the hole card.
- Push – When a tie occurs, it’s called a push.
What Strategies Can You Use When Playing Blackjack?
Knowing the rules is one thing, but if you want to increase your odds, you need to also use some strategies. If you check what experienced players say, you’ll probably find many tips and tricks for playing. Some say that you should always split a pair of aces and 8s regardless of the upcard. You should also not split pairs of tens or 5s to play two hands. If you keep them as 20, this gives you higher winning play.
Players love to double down on hard 11s regardless of the dealer’s upcard, except in cases where a casino has rules that say the dealer must stand on soft 17. Lastly, if dealer’s upcard is ace, 9, or 10, you should hit soft 18 or Ace-7.
How to Find Good Online Casino to Play Real Money Blackjack
If you’re ready to play some BlackJack, you should do so at the top online casinos in the area. Here is how you can find them.
- Check online feedback for casinos of your choice – People who’ve been where you plan to go know best about the things the casino offers. Check what they said about the casino and the experience with playing there. Only then you can make a good choice.
- Compare accepted payment systems at casinos of your choice – Casinos won’t always offer all the options you want for payment. Some will offer different options for different things, like deposits and withdrawals. Check this before you start playing BlackJack.
- Compare minimum deposits at casinos of your choice – When you play online, you don’t have to spend a lot on deposits. If you want to try out the game before you learn the ropes, you’re best off using casinos that allow for low deposits. There are casinos that go to $1, $5, and $10 for a deposit.
- What are the variations of Blackjack I can choose from?
- This is a very popular casino game, which means that you’ll find over a hundred variations online these days. Some of the most popular versions are Double Exposure, Spanish 21, Atlantic City, European, Vegas Strip, Progressive, Multi-hand Blackjack, and more. You can also choose between traditional and live blackjack when you gamble at online casinos.
- What Blackjack odds should I expect?
- Let’s say that a casino has standard game rules and odds. In such case, you can expect an RTP of around 99.5% for online blackjack games, which equals around 0.4% house edge. One of the reasons why Blackjack is a preferred casino game is its small house edge, which makes it very appealing to players.
- Where can I find software for blackjack for my computer?
- Some popular software products for this game are: Casino Verite Blackjack Counting by QFIT that allows you to practice this game, Blackjack Gold that features a blackjack game that simulates any casino and uses genuine dealers’’ voices, as well as the SBA that provides novice and experienced players with useful data about this game.
- Is there a way to play online blackjack for free?
- Yes. Many casinos have a demo version that you can practice on. You will also find some sites that will give you bonus cash to spend upon signing up that you can use to play Blackjack.
- What abbreviations can I come across when I play blackjack online?
- There are many abbreviations you’ll come across when you play it. Some of the frequently found online include: 1:1 (when naturals pay even instead of 3-to-2), DAS (double after splits allowed), DC17 (dealer decides on whether to stand or hit on S-17), DX (Double Exposure), D2 (double on any first two cards), ES (Early surrender), H-17 (dealer hits on the soft 17 rule), HSA (hit after you split aces), J (when jokers are in the pack), KB (side bet called King’s Bounty is available), etc.