Real Money Online Baccarat: Rules & Winning Strategies!
What Are The Top Real Money Online Baccarat Casinos?
The Baccarat card game is the perfect for those who love simplicity and excitement. Yes, that’s right. This game of chance is as simple as it gets, yet provides people with a certain thrill that keeps it on the top of all favourite lists for decades. There isn’t a complicated side to it, nor there various hand values you have to memorize. People love it for its entertaining nature, as well as the relaxing way of playing.
The Story of Baccarat
The game Baccarat dates back over 500 years. For a long time, it was known as the ‘game of aristocrats’. Baccarat was created in the 1400s in Italy by Felix Falguiere and was known as ‘baccara’ (means ‘zero’ in Italian). Soon after this, the French ‘baccarat’ spelling was accepted on a worldwide level. Even though its rules have changed over the years, this remains one of the most popular casino games played even today.
Is Online Baccarat Rigged?
Legit and licensed casinos, as well as websites that are checked and endorsed by companies like eCogra do not have rigged games. You can find traditional and live baccarat games offered at legally licensed online casinos and play their odds without worrying about scams. Such casinos operate in gaming jurisdictions and are monitored by gaming regulators.
Top Developers of Online Baccarat
Baccarat is very popular among casino players, which means that there will be many providers’ variants and games available to play online. If you want amazing and rewarding experience, you should look for top-rated software developers’ products such as Microgaming, Playtech, Net Entertainment, Evolution Gaming, Betsoft, and Ezugi.
Rules You Should Know to Play Baccarat Online
If you choose to play Baccarat in real money casino online, there are some rules you should know of.
- The dealer deals out cards face up – he hands two cards to himself and two for each player.
- Whichever of these hands’ totals is closest to 9 wins.
- You can bet on a player’s hand, on a tie, or on banker.
- If you bet on banker and his hand wins, you’ll get 95% of your wager.
- If the player or banker is dealt a total of nine or eight, both will stand.
- If the player has a total of five or less, he or she will get another card or stand.
- When a player stands, the banker hits on a total of 5 or less.
- In case of a tie, this pays out 8-to-1.
Terminology for Baccarat Players
To play baccarat, you need to know some basic terminology:
- Baccarat hand is the worst hand you can get i.e. hands of cards that have zero value like Jacks, Queens, Kings, or 10s.
- Banker bet is when you bet on banker. The payout is 1:1 and this choice usually comes with a 5% commission deducted from your winning bet.
- Burning refers to top 3 to 6 cards that are discarded right after shuffling, before the game begins.
- Hit me or Carte is used to request a new card from a dealer.
- Down or hole card is a card that is turned face down.
- Dragon bonus is a side bet in baccarat that lets you wager on number of points that the winning hand will have over others. You can bet on this in addition to your bet on Player or Banker.
- Face cards are cards with portraits on them.
- La grande is a natural nine and the best baccarat hand.
- La petite is second best hand i.e. natural eight.
Natural is when the two cards you’re initially dealt total 8 or 9.
The Baccarat Table
The Baccarat table has seven or fourteen numbers depending on where you play it. Online casinos usually make this number smaller and have their numbers marked 1 through 7. Live casinos choose to skip the number 13 since it’s considered an unlucky number, so on these tables, you’ll see numbers from 1 through 15. Above the numbers that are located around the table’s edges, you’ll see three boxes. These are the things you can bet on: player, banker, or tie. You can choose whichever of these you like and place your chips or deposit.
Gameplay of Baccarat for Real Money
As we said, you have three choices when playing real money Baccarat online. You can bet that the player will win, the house will win, or the game will end up to be a tie between both. You can bet on any of these three, including the one that makes you the loser. Basically, you win if you lose. Sounds quite intriguing, doesn’t it? You can have a strategy here, but the game is still based on luck. The dealer gives each player a pair of cards turned face-up, including himself. The numbered cards cost their actual value and 10s. The face cards cost nothing. The Ace has a single point. The maximum you need to make is nine points. If you have a value above this, you need to subtract it by ten.
Values of Cards
When you see the cards the dealer hands out, you need to set your own strategy and determine your next step. If you have an outcome that’s lower than five, you probably want to keep drawing cards to get closer to nine. The players that are closer to nine and have, for example, a seven, choose to stand instead of getting more cards. You can even be really lucky and get a natural win – an immediate hand that adds up to nine.
Variations of Real Money Baccarat
When you play Baccarat in the best online Baccarat casinos, you’ll probably get the chance to play the mini Baccarat version. The rules of the game are the same and so are your odds at winning, with the difference that this variation includes half the number of players of the live casino variation. So, you’d be playing at a table of seven players, once again testing your luck and trying out strategies that get you closer to the number nine.
Money Management Tips while Playing Baccarat
There are several money management tips that we can give to new players of Baccarat or those who want to boost their winning chances:
Determine how much you can afford to spend
Keep your bankroll from the money you need for other things such as food, rent, and other living expenses. This way, you’ll have a limit and know how much you can afford to spend. Don’t forget that online casinos let you play at more affordable fees, so if your budget is low, you might want to choose this option.
Make your counting method
Reduce the house edge by starting at a table with fresh shoe of seven to eight decks. This is the best Baccarat card counting method.
Paroli betting system – When you win a bet, double your ante. When you lose a bet, return to your initial deposit.
1-3-2-6 betting system – Follow the numbers during your betting. Use one unit on the first hand, three on the second, two on the third, and six on the forth. It should reduce your chance of a loss.
Parlay betting system – Increase the bets as you’re moving along. But, add the winnings of a past bet to the next bet.
How to Find Good Casino to Play Baccarat
Now all that’s left for you to do is find a good casino to play in.
- Check feedback for online Baccarat in Canada – People who play Baccarat in online casinos can tell you how to play, where to play, and what casinos to avoid. Start there – see what other gamblers have to say about the gaming system of each casino you’re considering.
- Compare accepted payment systems at casinos of your choice – This is very important and you have to check it before you make your deposit. Casinos have different payment methods and may require different methods for different things like deposits and withdrawals.
- Compare minimum deposits at casinos of your choice – Finally, check your options to minimize the losses. It’s best to start with a low deposit. Thankfully, some online casinos make this more than possible. Now you can find casinos that let you play Baccarat with as little as $1, $5, or $10 deposit.
- What baccarat variations can I play online?
- There are three main variants of the baccarat game: Chemin de Fer, Punto Banco, and Punto Banque. Chances are you will find at least one of these in every online casino you choose to play at. In addition to these main varieties, you’ll come across different styles of this game, as well as different rules depending on which casino you choose. You can also choose between traditional play and live play.
- What odds does online baccarat have?
- Baccarat odds vary based on the casino you choose and the variant you play. The odds can range between as little as 1% and sometimes even higher than 20%. They will also depend on your move. For example, in an 8-deck game, a house edge can be 1.24% if you bet on a player, 14.36% if you bet on a tie, and 1.06% if you bet on banker.
- What is the best bet I can make in baccarat?
- Statistics show that the safest and best bet in baccarat is on banker because of the house edge. Still, because of this, casinos apply a commission to it of around 5%. A tie bet is players’ least popular choice, but it can also be most rewarding because of this. Eventually, it all comes down to your preference.
- Is there a way I can play online baccarat for free?
- Many casino sites nowadays offer demo versions of games for new players to master rules or get familiar with a game. You might also find a casino site that will give you a bonus that you can use for free gambling on a baccarat table.