Alberta Online Casinos, Tested List
Online Casinos in Alberta, Complete List Of Sites
Playing in a casino no longer has to be complicated. Yes, you read it right – complicated. To play at a casino, you had to dress up, grab quite the cash from the ATM, get in your car, and go to a casino. In most casinos you’d have to go through the entire ordeal of signing up at the door, showing your ID, etc. Then, when you finally get in the shiny casino with many games, you need to invest quite a lot to even get a chance at winning money.
But, now, Alberta online gambling is possible and really popular. The best casinos in Alberta include the ones that are available online. An online casino does not require you to do any of the above, not to mention that there are now highly affordable, low deposit online casino options with plenty of great bonuses.
Online Gambling Alberta, Is It Legal?
No law in Alberta prevents you from playing at a real money online casino as long as it is regulated and licensed. For your security and the safety of your banking information, you’re better off picking the Alberta best online casino. Such a casino will be licensed and regulated by one of Alberta’s regulatory bodies, as well as enjoy a good reputation with its players.
This is as legal as it gets. There’s no law preventing you from investing your money in online casino games. As long as you pay your taxes and keep your bank information safe from untrustworthy sites, you’re really safe.
Timeline Relating to Gambling in Alberta
The notion of gambling for entertainment first manifested itself at the Klondike Days annual fair at the Edmonton Exhibition Grounds in July 1967 when the Silver Slipper Saloon opened for the week. Two years later, the Frontier Casino opened at the Calgary Stampede grounds in the summer exhibition of 1969. The next significant landmarks were:
- 1970 – the Criminal Code changed, transferring licensing matters from federal control to provincial. During this time, the Calgary Stampede and Edmonton Northlands were both operating three casino events each year
- The mid-1970s – a charitable system of casino gaming was created.
- 1980 – the first privately owned, permanent, charitable casino open in Calgary.
- 1981 – a second permanent, charitable casino opened in Edmonton.
- 1990s – the most significant expansion period
- 1996 – slot machines were installed in permanent casinos and racing entertainment venues.
The rest, as they say, is history.
Online Casinos and Land-based Casinos in Alberta
Albertan gamblers are free to enjoy legal gambling across their province from the age of 18. As a result, betting in both land-based and online casinos has become a favorite pastime for many Canadians. According to recent statistics, approximately 76% of the population take part in gambling activities.
As with players all over the world, the rise in the number of online casinos now offering mobile gaming is attracting more and more players. The convenience of being able to play anywhere, anytime, is proving difficult to resist, and the continual improvement in the gaming experience that online casinos now offer (including sportsbooks and live-action) is making online gambling increasingly attractive.
There will always be a big market for land-based casinos in Alberta too. That real-life ambiance and atmosphere are difficult to rival, although the online competition is getting better at it all the time.
A selection of the most popular land-based casinos in Alberta
Nothing quite beats the atmosphere generated by the sights and sounds of real, land-based casinos. Gamblers in Alberta are blessed with a wide range of establishments to play at, from posh, Las Vegas-style casinos, to smaller, local venues.
The River Cree Resort and Casino
Home to 1,350 slot machines, 10 VLT machines, and 40 gaming tables, the River Cree Resort and Casino is one of the most visited casinos in Alberta. The games on offer include baccarat, blackjack, craps, roulette, and poker. The main casino floor is a smoke-free area, and just off it, you’ll find one of the most comprehensive poker rooms in Edmonton.
With over 425 slot machines and several gaming tables, Casino Lethbridge is a popular choice for many gamers. It also has 28 video lottery machines plus 5 dedicated poker tables where gamblers wager cash stakes and participate in tournaments.
Century Casino Calgary
Century Casino is one of Southern Calgary’s premiere gaming destinations. Gamblers can try their luck on the many slot machines – there are more than 500 from which to choose). Alternatively, they can test their nerve at one of the 3 bespoke poker tables, or exercise their skills at blackjack, EZ baccarat, roulette, and other casino game favorites at one of the other 16 tables on offer.
Top Online Casinos in Alberta
So far, we have only talked about land-based casinos in Alberta. But there are lots of online casinos available too, so let’s take a quick look at a small selection of some of the top ones.
Jackpot City was launched in 1998. It is licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority and is eCOGRA certified. They offer over 500 casino games, including the African safari-themed slot, Mega Moolah, with a progressive jackpot starting at $1 million, and Wheel of Wishes, another progressive jackpot starting at $2 million.
The Mummy’s Gold online casino is partnered with Microgaming, one of the gaming industry’s best-known software developers. They have been providing Canadian gamblers with top quality streamed gaming experiences for nearly two decades. You can play on your desktop or via mobile by downloading the Windows or Apple apps.
Euro Palace provides luxurious, fun, rewarding entertainment to Canada’s discerning gambling community. Part of the Fortune Lounge Group, Euro Palace is properly licensed, totally secure, and offers top games powered by Microgaming. With over 700 games, including slots and table games and an excellent range of bonus offers, they are a world-class act.
Part of the Casino Rewards Group, Zodiac, provides Canadian players with world-class online gaming. They are well known for the speed and efficiency with which they process winnings, and their 24/7 multilingual customer service is well renowned. Each new player gets 80 chances to land a Megah Moolah multi-million jackpot prize for just €1.
Established since 1994, The Gaming Club offers big bonuses and great all-round entertainment to its loyal Canadian following. They are licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority and have the eCOGRA seal of approval. Well known for the vast and varied selection of games and slots, the Gaming Club is one of the Canadian players’ favorites.
What are the Most Popular Games in Alberta’s Online Casinos?
Modern online casinos today have hundreds of great options. Nevertheless, three games remain most popular for online gambling Alberta.
Baccarat is a card game that’s played between the player and the dealer. Your goal is to beat the dealer in this game. You can also lose or the game can end up as a tie between you two.
BlackJack is similar to Baccarat, but with the added option to play with other players, too. It’s a card game you play with the dealer on a table. By using your cards and placing your bets, you can either hit the right numbers or lose your deposits.
Roulette has been the most popular choice among Alberta’s players for a long, long time. We all know the popular casino roulette wheel with the ball that turns until it picks a number. Your task in this game is to choose your numbers or categories, place your bets, and wait for your lucky strike.
How Our Team Rates Online Casino Alberta
We are happy to help you in your search for the best online casino in Alberta. These are the things we do to help you.
- We compare deposits – We have carefully selected a team of editors. Their first job is to see what kind of a casino you’re dealing with. If you’re searching for a low deposit casino online alberta, we’ll uncover this information first in our reviews.
- We compare bonus offers – We end our reviews with the bonuses. These can be really attractive in online casinos, so we always check what the casino decided to reward its customers before we end the evaluation.
- We compare wagering requirements – The third job of our editors is to see what you’re required to provide or do to gamble at the casino we review. We’ll tell you all about their requirements and demands in our reviews.
- We compare games list – You don’t need a casino with low deposit options if it has bad games or limited game options. Our editor’s next job is to check the list of games and the games’ quality. That’s what you’ll find next in our reviews.
- We compare online feedback about online gambling Alberta – Our forth job is to see what others have said about the casino. You can best learn about an online site, including casinos, if you learn what people have said about their experiences.
- What is the minimum legal gambling age in Alberta?
- The age at which you can gamble or enter a land-based casino in Canada varies from province to province. In many instances, the minimum age is 19, but in Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec, it is 18. It also applies to other areas within casinos, such as restaurants and theatres.
- Do Alberta players pay taxes on their casino winnings?
- As with people all over the so-called civilized world, taxes are one of the worst nightmares. So it's good to know that if you are a Canadian, living in Alberta or any other Canadian province, and you gamble for recreation, you will not have to pay any tax whatsoever on your winnings.