Best Online Casinos In Toronto, Try The Now!
Toronto Online Casino Sites: Legality & Gambling Age
Decades ago, gambling in Canada was largely illegal due to organized crime. In recent years legislation has been passed to make casinos legitimate. The Alcohol and Gaming commission oversees all casinos in Toronto to ensure they are legitimate.
With the wide selection of online casino Toronto, there are so many winnings to a mass from anywhere you are situated within Canada’s downtown.
In this review, we will be discussing everything real money online casinos, confined to Toronto.
Best Online Casinos in Toronto
What is the Situation with Online Gambling in Toronto?
An online casino is a form of gambling platform hosted on the internet. The idea of online gambling has its roots traced back to the mid-nineties in the Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda, which was the first to regulate online casinos.
In an online gaming site, you play in a classic casino games such as roulette and blackjack that you would have experienced in a brick and mortar casino. Most online casinos lets you play against machines. However, some offer live deals that let players compete against other gamblers from different locations in real-time.
Gambling regulations in Toronto
Gambling is illegal within the borders of Canada unless you have a license from one of the gambling authorities. AGCO and OLG provide legal licenses to operate, which guarantee users a fair experience. Receiving a license is a tough process, and not all casinos will acquire one. Therefore a gambling site that has achieved this goal is 100% trustworthy.
Popular games in Toronto
Casinos in Toronto feature popular fun games that you’ll find all over the world. Here’s a list of the games from most-played to least:
The simple games that don’t have a learning curve are played a lot more. They rely more on luck, and you get an adrenaline rush when you win!
Gambling in Toronto: History
Canada has had a bumpy gambling history. By the end of the 19th century, gambling was prohibited on the entire territory of Canada. At one point, you could only bet on horse races and special lottery events at local fairs as long as they were for charity. In the 1960s, Canadian Criminal Code had some amendments that made gambling legal in forms like lottery and horse betting.
For Ontario and with it, Toronto, gambling truly became an option in 1993. One year later, online gambling was introduced in the state. At that point, there was little choice in terms of land-based casinos and online sites in Ontario. Once Windsor, their first commercial casino was built, this opened up numerous gambling opportunities.
Right now, land-based casinos make billions every year. Many of them started off copying Windsor, so Toronto-based players were able to gamble at casinos like Casino Rama, Royal Vegas, Niagara Fallsview Casino, etc. Windsor was an absolute favourite with 8 out of 10 Ontarian players gambling there regularly. Today, it has grand competition in some highly established casino brands with enormous luxurious resorts for their players.
In 2010, Ontario’s government also included online gambling into the play. This attracted many players because of its flexibility and grand bonuses.
Best Land-Based Casinos to Gamble in Toronto
There are now numerous small land-based casinos in Toronto, as well as few luxurious and popular places that offer amazing gambling opportunities. Their four top options include:
- Woodbine Entertainment
This casino is very well known for its 1900 slot machines spread across 56.000 square foot of gambling floor. At this site, you can play on the gaming tables or slots, or you can indulge in horse betting activities. Their resort also has fine dining options and lounges where you can rest and rewind for another round of gambling.
Casino Rama is located north of Toronto and it blends entertainment, casino action, sporting events, and big-name concerts. It’s very Vegas-like and is known as one of the foremost venues for entertainment in Ontario. It features over 110 gaming tables and 2500 slot machines.
- Caesars Windsor Hotel and Casino
This casino is a magnet for local and foreign players. It’s also a hotel, which makes it highly visited by people from the US, too. It offers various slots, poker games, and features on-site shopping, dining, spa, and pool.
- Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort
This is one of the biggest gaming facilities on the entire territory of Canada, located an hour drive south of Toronto. It features a breathtaking view of the waterfall on the US-Canada border, as well as over 3000 slots and other casino games.
Land-Based vs. Online Gambling in Toronto
Gambling is always a thrill and it is usually up to the player’s preference which option they’ll choose. Land-based gambling is attractive because of the casino atmosphere and selection of many different games, as well as live experiences. On the other hand, online gambling is flexible and can be done from everywhere. It also comes with much bigger bonuses and promotions, and it also allows players to gamble live as long as they pick a casino with such options.
Best Online Casinos in Toronto
- Lucky Nugget
- At Lucky Nugget, they offer a plethora of gaming options categorized into slots, blackjack, roulette, and video poker. There is no limit to the fun that you can experience as the over 500 games they offer are available 24/7. Furthermore, they have cash promotions you will love, especially if you are a new player.
- If you are a lover of online tournaments, then Joo casino is one of the best go-to places where you can compete against other players from the comfort of your location. They have a wide selection of games and boast of fast and seamless withdrawal options both while depositing your stakes and withdrawing your wins.
- Casumo is one of the few platforms that have enjoyed a positive rating since they ventured into the Toronto market. Since their inauguration in 2012, the gaming site offers more than 800 games, some of which can be accessed through live options.
- 1X Slots
- 1X Slots is one of the few existing platforms that accept UK players without a license. They have an enormous range of games coupled up with enticing bonuses. To further meet their customers’ tastes and preferences, 1X slots have VIP programs, mobile, and live casinos.
- Mr. Green
- Mr. Green is one of the most reputable and award-winning Toronto casino online. They are known for giving their players total control over their casino experiences by allowing them to set their own rules and limits. Furthermore, they have streamlined operations in terms of bonuses, supported platforms, and modes of transactions availed to their users.
- Euro Palace
- If you sign up at Euro Palace, you can choose between 600 slot machines, table games, video poker games, and live games. They will give you $600 in bonus money if you deposit the maximum amount, split between several initial deposits. You can also test their slot games in demo version to learn how to play them.
- Zodiac is one of the top visited online casinos in Ontario. Toronto players who don’t have much to bet with can deposit a dollar and get 80 free spins on Mega Moolah. Those who are willing to deposit more can get up to $450 upon signing up, and choose between hundreds of quality games and banking options.
- Gaming Club
- Gaming Club is an impressive online casino for Toronto players. It welcomes players from many countries across the globe and rewards them with endless bonuses and special deals. It’s a casino endorsed by eCOGRA that features hundreds of different casino games and betting opportunities.
FAQ on Toronto Online Casinos
- Are online casinos legal in Toronto?
- Whether you are a resident or a visitor of Toronto looking for an online platform to experience various games, there is not so much to worry about concerning the legality of your actions. Both the federal and local governments recognize online gambling in toronto as a legal activity and support a wide variety of gambling options.
With very few land-based gaming houses in Toronto, both the local and national administrations endorse online gambling from hundreds of strictly-vetted sites. Gambling in Ontario’s Capital is, therefore, not only lawful but also significantly secured.
- Who regulates gambling in Toronto?
- Where you are in Canada determines the Gambling Laws applicable to your betting activities. This means that gambling Ontario’s Provincial Administration regulated gambling in Toronto. However, the by-laws set by the local government must not conflict with those imposed by the federal government.
- What is the legal age for online gambling in Toronto?
- To gamble in Toronto, you need to be at least 19 years of age. Actually, this is the requirement for most cities and provinces in Canada, except for Manitoba, Quebec, and Alberta
- Are casino winnings taxable in Toronto?
- Gambling in Canada requires for no taxes when you win money. Unless you’re getting a provision from gambling professionally, you do not have to pay taxes on any winnings you make on casino games, both online and in land-based casinos.
- Is there mobile gaming available?
- There is mobile gaming in Toronto if the casino has a gambling app. The popular locations and sites will create a smartphone application for those who want to play on the go.
- How old should I be to gamble in Toronto?
- To gamble in the city of Toronto, you must be 19-years or older. If you do not have the required age, you won’t create an online account or gain access inside a casino.