Discover the Best Online Casinos Canada!
Online casinos Canada are available in countless shapes and forms. They provide gamblers with top-rated games, regular promotions, and swift banking transactions. According to the Canadian regulatory rules, provinces have the right to regulate online gambling rules within their borders. Since 2009, every province is entitled to determine whether to allow citizens to engage in remote betting events. Those who are under 19 are not allowed to place bets for real money with exception of Manitoba, Quebec, and Alberta. Most casinos accept players from Canada allowing them to play for fun or real money.
Best Canadian Online Casinos
Is It Possible to Play Online Casinos In Canada?
If you want to gamble online in Canada, this is more than possible now. In fact, it’s so available, you’ll have troubles choosing the site to deposit your money in. Not just that. There’s such versatility in terms of casino types and offers today, that you have so much to consider and choose from. You can choose between various deposit options, slots selection, amazing bonus offers.
Canadian Online Casino Industry In Facts & Numbers
- Progressive jackpots available online! – Canadian gamblers have a great chance to win the jackpot at online casinos with progressive slots. Mega Moolah by Microgaming is a top-rated slot with €18,915,721 prize paid out in October 2018. More popular titles include Mega Fortune, King Kashalot, Major Millions.
- The Canadian gambling market is growing enormously every year! – Consider the following numbers, yearly, the Canadian online casino industry earns around $31 billion and this number is increasing yearly with expected revenue over 500 billion US Dollars by 2023.
- No need to check gambling websites on your own! – All players are interested in legit casinos and our site is ready to help with it! Only after we test specific platforms it gets to our ranking tables & reviews of the best online casinos, so be sure that they will suit all of your requirements. Below we will share some of our experience in reviewing and playing online for cash.
How to Start Playing Online Casinos Canada
All you need to play at the online casino is the wish to do so. You’ll need a device like your laptop, tablet, or phone, and you can play whenever you want. Some casinos require you to install apps, but most will let you play directly on their site.
Before you start playing check for these things:
- The license & presented software,
- Terms & conditions,
- Banking options,
- Promotional offers,
- Games list.
History of Gambling in Canada
Gambling in Canada has come a long way over the last 50 years. The practice was first legalized in the country in 1970. In 1985, Canada’s government put the power of overseeing gambling activities in the hands of territories and provinces. This allowed each province to offer legal versions of lotteries, charitable gaming and slots. Because Canada has 10 provinces, there are many slight variations as to the type of gambling that is offered across the country. Generally speaking, though, most provinces allow land-based casinos to operate, offering slot machines, horse racing, bingo/charitable gaming, video lottery terminals and/or sports betting. Some of these provinces didn’t fully accept gambling as a practice until much more recently, though. For example, Manitoba created the Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba in 2014 to oversee all gambling activities in the province. While sports betting is legal in most provinces, single-event sports gambling is illegal in the country. This means sports bettors have to wager on parlays that involve at least two wagers to do so legally in Canada. Canada’s government is constantly analyzing the nation-wide gambling laws, though, and they can generally be considered a liberal government in terms of their approach to gambling.
Who Regulates Gambling in Canada?
Canada’s national government sets the generic rules for gambling, and then each of the provinces can customize their own gambling rules. The only real requirement is that the provinces can’t offer something that Canada’s government doesn’t allow. Sports betting is a prime example of this. Manitoba can’t allow single-game sports wagering, because Canada bans that practice for the entire country. There are 10 agencies responsible for wagering activities in each particular province. While plenty of similarities exist for rules and regulations among all provinces, each has its specific agency that regulates gambling in that particular province only. In Ontario, for example, the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation is the regulating agency. In Quebec, it’s Quebec Alcohol, Racing and Gaming Commission. Each province has a different name for its agency, but all perform roughly the same duties.
Canada’s Rules for Online Casino Activities
Canada’s online gambling laws aren’t as tight as land-based games, which has caused some concern for government officials. The country says that only online casinos that are regulated by the provincial governments are allowed to offer gambling in the country. However, it isn’t illegal for Canadians to wager at online sites that are based off-shore. So, while these sites aren’t technically allowed to operate in Canada, that doesn’t stop them from offering their services to Canadian players. This is a gray area in the country’s laws that some people want to close.
Most Important Facts About Online Gambling in Canada
Gambling in Canada is one of the biggest entertainment sectors. Based on the Casino Reports, only in 2017, the gambling sector generated about CA$17.3 billion from lottery, charitable and online gaming. Every time you place a bet at a certain casino, you are placing bets on an uncertain result. According to the report, there are more than 14 betting channels in the country, and about 66.2% of population engaged in gambling in 2018.
When it comes to problem gambling, there is a 1% and 2% prevalence of the same problem in the country. It means that each individual with a problem will usually affect six other individuals. Typically, males are more likely to have gambling-related issues.
Based on the rules of the Criminal Code, gambling is an illegal activity in the country. However, certain provisions allow provinces to regulate the area under their rules. There is also a Responsible Gambling Council which works as a non-profit organization that promotes safe gambling by fostering change and responsible gambling strategy in Canada.
The Top Land-based Casinos in Canada
Canada is home to many very popular land-based casinos. The most popular ones are not surprisingly located in the most populous provinces.
- Ontario is home to Casino Niagara, right on Niagara Falls. It is also home to Caesars Windsor Hotel and Casino, Casino Rama Resort and Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort.
- Quebec’s most popular casino is the Casino De Montreal.
- Alberta is home to the River Cree Resort and Casino, as well as the Northlands Park Racetrack and Casino and the Medicine Hat Lodge Resort.
- British Columbia can call claim to the St. Eugene Golf Resort Casino, with wonderful mountain views as well as the River Rock Casino Resort near the Vancouver National Airport.
The Biggest Winners in Canadian Casino History
Canadian players have truly won some impressive payouts at land-based casinos in the country.
- Scott Taylor won one of the biggest land-based jackpots when he cashed in for $155,345 playing progressive blackjack. He hit four Aces in a row, which resulted in his huge payout.
- A man named Avalon won two jackpots playing slots. At an Alberta casino, he won a prize of $72,650 playing his favourite slot machine. Then, four months later, he went back to the same casino to play the same game and won another $13,900 prize.
- Another Canadian named Kathryn won a monstrous $1.8 million payout on a Michael Jackson-themed slot machine at a Niagara Falls casino.
A Closer Look At The Best Canadian Online Casinos
- Jackpot City
- This is one of the most powerful providers in Canada, with 100% on the first 4 deposits up to $1600. The brand features versatile games including online slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, video poker, and bingo. There are over 300 games by Microgaming software developer and a live dealer section powered by Evolution. The site was founded in 1998 and has a license from the Malta Gaming Authority.
- Casino Friday
- This is another respected brand for Canadian customers, featuring a 100% welcome bonus of up to $500 + 200 Free Spins. It is operated by Spindora Limited and features more than 2000 titles including slots, table options, and a live dealer section. As a relatively new brand, it holds a Kahnawake casino license and provides 24/7 support which is another positive side for interested gamblers.
- Play OjO
- This site is a prestigious provider of gaming content that holds a license from the Malta Gaming Authority. Its content is provided by leading software companies in the market such as NetEnt and Microgaming. As soon as you sign up at the best Canadian online casino, you will receive 80 free spins which are wager free. It means that you don’t have to process any payment nor to meet wagering requirements before withdrawal. The brand is also known for its rewarding VIP program.
- Lucky Nugget
- Lucky Nugget is one of the best casino sites in Canada. It was launched in 1998 and licensed by Government of Malta. This casino will match your first bonus with 150%, which is an extravagant offer only the most frequently visited sites can offer. This one is by far one of the best for online gambling, and not just because of the continuous bonus offers they hand to their players.Lucky Nugget is cheap to play in and yet, the odds at a jackpot are much higher here where thousands of players play on regular basis. Their games are attractive to all players, making one of the biggest selections you can find online.
- Zodiac is one of the most popular Canadian online casinos. It is part of a group of sites called Casino Rewards, which is considered one of the most secured, fully licensed gambling companies worldwide. Right from the beginning, Zodiac gives you 80 chances to win some money. All it takes is a minor investment of a single euro, and you can do online gambling that can result in genuine winnings. On your first five deposits, the site gives you up to 480 Euros as a gift in the form of a match bonus.
- The brand was established in 2019 by Bayton Limited. New players who sign up at the site will receive up to C$1000 in a welcome bonus. It has licenses from the MGA and Kahnawake Gaming Commission, providing users with high security. When it comes to available games, here you will find everything from slots, jackpots, table games, video poker, and live options. There are 600 slots in total, with the best jackpot titles such as Mega Moolah and Cash Splash.
- Yukon Gold
- Yukon Gold is another one of the Casino Rewards Group. The website is fully licensed and is a member of the Interactive Gaming Council. Yukon Gold gives a chance to win massive jackpots, and their reputation confirms it for years now. Players here are welcomed with a tremendous bonus, but also rewarded continuously with their many promotions and unique features.
- Casumo is a rather new site founded in 2012. The UK Gambling Commission fully licenses this platform. Many great options are presented here – high payout, consistent high reputation, and distinctive interface. It’s compatible with mobile devices and has a fantastic promotional system. Making deposits and withdrawing money at this site is safe and quick, while the entire site is highly regulated and professional. If you’re new to the site, you’re entitled to 1200 Euros match bonus, as well as 200 free spins.
- Bondi Bet
- Bondi Bet was founded 19 years ago with the mission to create an exceptional gambling experience for enthusiasts around the world. Nowadays, it’s a casino Canadian platform with a significant number of players and online games. It is fully licensed in Curacao. For people who’re searching for sites that offer various e-wallets and crypto payment options, this is the ultimate solution.
- Grand Mondial
- Grand Mondial is part of the Casino Rewards. It was established back in 2006 and is fully licensed and a member of the Interactive Gaming Council. It’s one of the sites where you can play with piles of money or as little as one euro. Whatever you choose, you have access to one of the greatest varieties of games with amazing graphics and features from Microgaming.
- Joo is a great choice for Canadian and worldwide gamblers. It is operated by the company named Direx N.V., which is registered under the Curacao laws. Joo went further than just offering money as a match bonus to new users. They give as high as 450 Euros to new players, as well as 150 free spins. Once you start playing there, you can enjoy the myriad of game choices given to players.
The Most Common Question From Online Gamblers
What’s the minimum deposit at Canadian online casinos?
Most online casinos in Canada have a relatively low minimum for deposits into accounts. At many, players can deposit as little as $5 or $10 into their account to start wagering. This allows more players to get in on the action and try their hand at games before risking a more significant amount of money. Sites that offer welcome bonuses and other deposit match bonuses may require a higher minimum deposit, though. So, you’ll just need to make sure that you read the terms of the specific bonus or offer if you want to qualify for it.
How Much Can I win at The Best Online Casinos Canada?
There is no limit to the amount of money you can win at an online casino in Canada, whether that operator is licensed by the national government or is based offshore. Maximum thresholds in terms of dollar amount normally only apply to the amount of money you want to deposit and/or withdraw to/from your account at one time. These limits on deposits and cash outs are in place to protect players from gambling beyond their means, and also to limit the amount of cash the casino has to send out at any one time. This is great news for players, as the possibilities are endless when it comes to the winnings they can realize from online gambling in Canada. If you are looking to see what the typical likelihood of you winning at a particular slot, you’re in luck. There is a measure called Return to Player (or RTP) that shows what the typical return on your wagers would be. RTP will be displayed as a percentage. If, for example, a slot machine has an RTP of 90%, that means that if you make 100 bets of $1 each, you would typically be expected to be returned about $90 of that in winnings. RTP is something that is calculated over the long term. That is how it can be presented as an average, to give players an estimate of how well a game or casino is paying out. RTP is a rate that is published for most slot games, gaming developers and online operators on various websites. Some casino operators and development companies even publish updated RTPs on their websites.
What are the Wagering Requirements for the Best Canadian Casinos Online?
Each game and casino will have wagering requirements when it comes to minimum and the maximum amount allowed per spin or hand. The most common palythrough requirements is 40x for the welcome bonus.
More Facts About Canadian Online Gambling!
Common bonuses offered!
The two most common bonuses are welcome bonuses and free spins. Welcome bonuses act as matches on the first deposit you make to your account. Normally, they match 100% of your bonus up to a certain dollar amount. If you deposit $50 into your account, for example, the operator will match that and give you another $50. The other most common bonus is free spins. These are spins you can use at various slot titles, without needing to risk any of the investment in your account. They do come with playthrough requirements, though, before you can cash out.
Plenty of banking methods offered!
Online casinos in Canada offer many banking methods. The most popular are direct methods such as credit/debit cards and bank wire transfers. Today, third-party e-Wallets such as PayPal, Neteller and Skrill are becoming very popular. Some even accept cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin.
What Are the Benefits of Gambling Online?
Online gambling at best Canadian online casinos has many benefits. It is available from any possible place and you don’t have to travel to land-based casinos to access favourite slots. Online gambling is convenient and comfortable, allowing users to enjoy games anytime, whether they are sitting at home or waiting in line.
Online gambling is also beneficial when it comes to security. Leading providers of casino content are taking care of customers’ safety by introducing clear security standards and provisions. They encrypt all personal details and keep transactions away from unauthorized parties. These sites are also rich in gaming offers, delivering the best choice of games for interested gamblers.
Some Disadvantages Of Online Casinos In Canada
Everything comes with a disadvantage, especially when it sounds so good. However, the disadvantage of online casinos is insignificant compared to the advantages. The winnings will not be as high as they can be in live ones where you have to deposit more. That’s how it goes in casinos– you get more when you give more. However, this helps you reduce the risk significantly, not to mention gamble when you don’t have the fortune to spend on gambling. Also, you can move your way up in the site, starting with as little as $1, $5, or $10.
Benefits And Drawbacks of Online Casinos
If you want to know what are benefits of online gambling, you can check some of them below:
- It is an accessible and flexible option
- Online casinos are highly secure providers
- Leading online sites are licensed by famous authorities
- You can claim excellent bonuses
When it comes to drawbacks, we can mention:
- Absence of direct interaction with other players
- Some sites may operate in the grey area
- Addiction and the possibility to spend more money than planned
How Do We Select the Best Online Casino in Canada?
- Level of Security
- The site should include an SSL certificate and encrypt all transactions. It should also include RNG and guarantee random results of games.
- Banking Methods
- The provider should offer different payment and withdrawal options including cards, digital wallets, crypto payments, and Bank transfer.
- A number Of Games and Developers
- A reputable site should feature as many games as possible with the accent on slots, table options, and live dealer games. Titles should come from the most prestigious software companies.
- Available Bonuses
- A respected casino should deliver different promotions for its players including welcome promotions, free spins, no deposit deals, and VIP programs.
- Customer Support
- If you look for a trusted site, you should also check whether the side provides support via chat, email, phone, and a contact form.
Why Should You Choose Online Casinos in Canada and Gamble Online? What Is a Responsible Gambling?
There are multiple reasons to choose online casinos in Canada and place bets even today. Online gambling is a pleasant and affordable experience. The security of casinos has drastically increased over the previous years and gamblers can rest assured about their protection. The choice of games is also satisfying and you will find everything you need.
When placing bets, you should take care of responsible behavior. If you behave responsibly, you will minimize the gambling-related risk and have fun. Everyone who takes care of a safe gambling environment should set safeguards when it comes to time limits and spending. Gambling should be a way of entertainment and not a way to make money. Additionally, you must not borrow money in order to place extra bets.
Responsible gambling is further supported by stakeholders, government, operators, regulators, community groups, and individual players.
Another way to keep your safety on a high level is self-exclusion. The tool is utilized when you want to have a break from gambling. For example, you can decide not to gamble for a certain time. It is also known as voluntary self-exclusion and applies in many jurisdictions such as North America, South Africa, Australia, Europe, and Asia.
What Are the Most Typical Bonuses at Online Casinos?
Best casinos in Canada feature a range of promotions for their members. It includes different offers such as welcome bonuses, free spins, no deposit deals, VIP offers, and cashback deals. The most enticing is the welcome bonus which is the main incentive for players to sign up at the site and complete the first deposit. The welcome bonus is usually available as a match deal up to a specific amount. For example, you may encounter 200% up to $1000 plus 200 free spins. This offer is great for newcomers as they get an opportunity for additional bets once they use the entire balance.
The next possible offer is no deposit bonus which is available without any prerequisites. Customers should only finish the sign up process without making any deposit. Once you make a payment, the provider will credit your account with a specific amount (free cash or some free spins on selected slots). However, some providers would also require the input of a certain code to claim the offer.
Free spins are also a great way to start betting experience in Canada. When you get some free spins, you have a chance to sample slots for free and enjoy their incredible features and full customization.
If you continue with regular deposits at the site, you will become a candidate for a VIP offer and a range of perks such as tickets, high withdrawal limits, personal manager of your account, and so on. Bonuses are really great and you should grab them from the first day.
Top Online Casino Games Providers Available for Canadians
- Microgaming – Microgaming was one of the first-ever companies to launch an online casino (in 1994). Nowadays more than 200 sites have software from them.
- Quickspin – Quickspin is Swedish studio that develops high-quality slots for the Canadian online gambling market. More than 100 sites have slots developed by them.
- Play’n GO – Company was founded in 2005. Most of Play’n GO’s slots is designed for mobile platforms and gamblers in mind. 120+ sites have software from this developer.
- NetEnt – NetEnt was founded in 1994. It has developed 200 thrilling games. 150 websites have software from this company.
- Evolution Gaming – Evolution Gaming is the leading developer of live games. 120+ sites have software from EG.
- Betsoft – BetSoft Gaming is the leader in true cinematic 3D gaming. More than 80 websites have software from this developer.
- Pragmatic Play – Pragmatic Play is pretty new company (founded in 2015). It is certified and licensed in over 20 jurisdictions. More than 70 sites have games from them.
- Novomatic – Novomatic is Austrian leading software provider. Company was founded in 1980. Most popular slots: Book of Maya, Dynasty Of Ming, Marco Polo.
- RTG – Realtime Gaming or RTG is software developing company with specialisation in download-based software. Was founded in 1998 and still operating.
- Playtech – Playtech is online gambling software development company. Playtech was founded in 1999 and still operating. Company is specialized in software for online casinos, poker rooms, scratch games, mobile gaming, live dealer games and fixed-odds online ones.
What Are the Leading Casino Games in Canada?
When it comes to the best games at top online casinos Canada, you can select from the following options:
- Slots: Slots are always recommended to players whether you belong to traditional gamblers or seasoned ones. They are simple, clear, and interesting. Just spin the reels on the machine and match identical symbols on the payline. Claim some coins or trigger a life-changing jackpot award even today.
- Blackjack: This game is known as 21 and players compete against the house. The aim of the title is to achieve a better result than the dealer and become a winner. However, you are not allowed to exceed 21.
- Roulette: This is one of the most enjoyable tables games where you place a wager on a certain number of groups of numbers on the wheel. If you make the correct prediction, you can receive amazing prizes.
- Baccarat: This is another card game, allowing users to predict the outcome: player, banker, or tie. The best possible option is to bet on a banker as it comes with the lowest house edge.
Best Online Slots Canada
- Is online gambling fair?
- The process of gambling online is absolutely fair as long as the casino you play in is regulated by the state it works in. By choosing a licensed, regulated, and highly rated casinos, you’re enjoying high odds at winning real money by playing from any location, including your home.
- Is It safe to play online?
- It is generally safe to play online. If you choose a bad casino, this can result poorly for you. However, the regulated and licensed casinos in Canada use highly advanced systems to process payments. So, as long as you choose a trusted casino, there’s nothing to worry about.
There’s one more reason why you should thread this lightly. Some casinos will use everything they can to avoid paying you your money. This is why when we evaluate casinos, we always check for testimonials and wagering requirements.
- How to check online casinos?
- In order to enjoy real casino experience, you need to choose casino that’s worth your trust. An ideal casino will not only give you a welcome bonus, but it will also have many high-quality games you can play, a professional support service, as well as a reputation for fast payouts.
- What currencies are accepted in the online casino?
- The currency that you can use to gamble online is usually based on where the casino is located. If you do a small research of search keyword: online casino Canada real money, you’ll find that their main and most frequently used currency for gambling is the Canadian dollar. Even so, many casinos offer various currency options as well as payment methods.
- What payment methods are accepted in most of online casinos Canada?
- Most online casinos have the traditional payment methods: wire transfer and credit/ debit cards. However, to increase the security of their players and give them more payment options, modern casinos decide to give one more popular option to their customers – e-wallets.
That being said, you should be looking for a casino that has your preferred method of payment. Also, you should get informed on how they require you to deposit or withdraw the funds, as well as how long it takes to get your money with each offered payment method.
- How to deposit money to online casino?
- To deposit money to an online casino, you’d have to use the casino’s accepted payment methods. These vary from one casino to the next one. The more popular casinos have multiple options to choose from.
- How to withdraw winnings from Canadian online casino?
- When you make a win at an online casino, you can decide to withdraw your money. As long as you’ve verified your profile and chosen a quality casino, you can withdraw your money by using the casino’s offered withdrawal methods. A casino may require that you use the same method as you used for deposits, or offer you plenty of options like cards, e-wallets, and wire transfers. These can also determine the speed of the processing of your funds.
- What to do if I encounter a problem depositing money?
- If you encounter a problem depositing money, you can always reach out to the casino or try a different depositing method. Once you choose a trustworthy casino to play in, everything can be fixed by discussing your problem with the support service.