Discover The Best Online Casinos For Canadians
Online casinos for Canadians are available in countless shapes and forms. They provide gamblers with top-rated slots, regular promotions, and swift banking transactions. According to the Canadian regulatory rules, provinces have the right to regulate online gambling within their borders. Since 2009, every area has been entitled to determine whether to allow citizens to engage in online gambling activities. Citizens older than 19 can play online casinos in Manitoba, Quebec, Alberta, and other provinces. Check the selection of the best online casinos Canada below!
Best Canadian Online Casinos
The Best Canadian Online Casinos in 2022
- Jackpot City – top Canadian online casino for more than one decade. In 2022 the casino awards new players with an unbelievable 80 free spins welcome bonus,
- Captain Spins – trustworthy online casino Canada with a wide variety of banking options,
- Spin – another casino brand by Buffalo Partners in our list. The casino provides newbies with a 50 free spins bonus,
- Play Ojo – a well-known brand with a no-wager welcome offer,
- Jonny Jackpot – double-licenced Canadian casino which ensures top security level,
- Friday – new online casino with a local Canadian licence and collection of the latest online slots,
- National – another Canadian licenced online casino with a great section of live casino games,
- iLucki – veteran of Canadian online gambling, provides new players with a top welcome package,
- Vegas Lounge – unique Canadian casino with a no-wager cashback offer,
- Rocket – top choice for cryptocurrency gamblers.
Canadian Online Casino Industry In Facts & Numbers
- Progressive jackpots available online! – Canadian gamblers have a great chance to win the jackpot at online casinos with progressive slots. Mega Moolah by Microgaming is a top-rated slot with €18,915,721 prize paid out in October 2018. More popular titles include Mega Fortune, King Kashalot, Major Millions.
- The Canadian gambling market is growing enormously every year! – Consider the following numbers: the Canadian online casino industry yearly earns around $31 billion, and this number is increasing annually with expected revenue of over 500 billion US Dollars by 2023.
- No need to check gambling websites on your own! – All players are interested in legit casinos, and our site is ready to help with it! After we test specific platforms, it gets to our ranking tables & reviews of the best online casinos, so be sure that they will suit all of your requirements. Below we will share some of our experience reviewing and playing online for cash.
History of Canadian Gambling
Gambling in Canada has come a long way over the last 50 years. The practice was first legalized in the country in 1970. In 1985, Canada’s government oversaw gambling activities in the hands of territories and provinces. This allowed each province to offer legal versions of lotteries, charitable gaming, and slots. Because Canada has ten provinces, there are many slight variations in the type of gambling offered. Generally speaking, though, most provinces allow land-based casinos to operate, offering slot machines, horse racing, bingo/charitable gaming, video lottery terminals, and/or sports betting. Some of these provinces didn’t fully accept gambling as a practice until recently, though. For example, Manitoba created the Liquor and Gaming Authority of Manitoba in 2014 to oversee all gambling activities in the province. While sports betting is legal in most provinces, single-event sports gambling is illegal in the country. This means sports bettors have to wager on parlays that involve at least two wagers legally in Canada. Canada’s government is constantly analyzing the nationwide gambling laws, though, and they can generally be considered a liberal government in terms of their approach to online casinos.
Canadian gambling is one of the most significant entertainment sectors. Based on the Casino Reports, only in 2017, the gambling sector generated about CA$17.3 billion from lottery, charitable and online gaming. Every time you place a bet at a specific casino, you are placing bets on an uncertain result. According to the report, there are more than 14 betting channels in the country, and about 66.2% of population engaged in gambling in 2018. There is a 1% and 2% prevalence of the same problem in the country when it comes to problem gambling. It means that each individual with a problem will usually affect six other individuals. Typically, males are more likely to have gambling-related issues.
Based on the rules of the Criminal Code, gambling is an illegal activity in the country. However, specific provisions allow provinces to regulate the area under their rules. There is also a Responsible Gambling Council which works as a non-profit organization that promotes safe gambling by fostering change and responsible gambling strategy in Canada.
Who Regulates Online Gambling in Canada?
Canada’s national government sets the generic rules for gambling, and then each of the provinces can customize their own gambling rules. The only actual requirement is that the provinces can’t offer something that Canada’s government doesn’t allow. Sports betting is a prime example of this. Manitoba can’t allow single-game sports wagering because Canada bans that practice for the entire country. There are ten agencies responsible for wagering activities in each particular province. While plenty of similarities exist for all provinces’ rules and regulations, each has its specific agency that regulates gambling within that particular province only. In Ontario, for example, the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation is the regulating agency. In Quebec, it’s Quebec Alcohol, Racing, and Gaming Commission. Each province has a different name for its agency, but all perform roughly the same duties.
Canada’s Rules for Online Casino Activities
Canada’s online gambling laws aren’t as tight as land-based games, which has caused some concern for government officials. The country says that only online casinos that the provincial governments regulate are allowed to offer gambling. However, it isn’t illegal for Canadians to wager at online sites based on off-shore. So, while these casinos aren’t physically placed in Canada, that doesn’t stop them from offering their services to Canadian players. This is a gray area in the country’s laws that some people want to close.
The Top Land-based Casinos in Canada
Canada is home to many very popular land-based casinos. The most popular ones are not surprisingly located in the most populous provinces.
- Ontario is home to Casino Niagara, right on Niagara Falls. It is also home to Caesars Windsor Hotel and Casino, Casino Rama Resort and Niagara Fallsview Casino Resort.
- Quebec’s most popular casino is the Casino De Montreal.
- Alberta is home to the River Cree Resort and Casino, as well as the Northlands Park Racetrack and Casino and the Medicine Hat Lodge Resort.
- British Columbia can call claim to the St. Eugene Golf Resort Casino, with wonderful mountain views as well as the River Rock Casino Resort near the Vancouver National Airport.
A Closer Look At The Best Online Casinos Canada
- Jackpot City
- This is one of the best Canadian online casinos, with 100% on the first 4 deposits up to $1600. The brand features versatile games including online slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, video poker, and bingo. There are over 300 games by Microgaming and a live dealer section powered by Evolution.
- Casino Friday
- This is another respected Canadian casino featuring a 100% welcome bonus of up to $500 + 200 Spins. It is operated by Spindora Limited and features more than 2000 titles, including slots, table games, and a live dealer section.
- Play OjO
- This casino is a prestigious gaming content provider that holds a license from the Malta Gaming Authority. As soon as you sign up at the best Canadian online casino, you will receive 80 free spins, which are wager-free.
- Lucky Nugget
- Lucky Nugget is one of the best online Canadian casinos. It was launched in 1998 and licensed by the Government of Malta. This casino will match your first bonus with 150%, which is an extravagant offer only the most frequently visited sites can offer.
- Zodiac is one of the most popular online casinos Canada. It is part of a group of sites called Casino Rewards, which is considered one of the most secured, fully licensed gambling companies worldwide. Right from the beginning, Zodiac gives you 80 chances to win some money.
- The casino was established in 2019 by Bayton Limited. New players who sign up at the site will receive up to C$1000 in a welcome bonus. It has licenses from the MGA and Kahnawake Gaming Commission, providing users with high security.
- Yukon Gold
- Yukon Gold is another one of the Casino Rewards Group. The website is fully licensed and is a member of the Interactive Gaming Council. Yukon Gold gives a chance to win massive jackpots, and their reputation confirms it for years now.
- Casumo is a top Canadian online casino with many great options are presented here – high payout, consistent high reputation, and distinctive interface. It’s compatible with mobile devices and has a fantastic promotional system.
Benefits And Drawbacks of Canadian Online Casinos
If you want to know what are benefits of online casinos
Canada, you can check some of them below:
- It is an accessible and flexible option
- Licenced online casinos are highly secure
- Famous authorities license leading online sites
- You can claim excellent bonuses
- Wide variety of new casino games
When it comes to drawbacks, we can mention:
- Absence of direct interaction with other players
- Some sites may operate in the grey area
- Addiction and the possibility to spend more money than planned
Bitcoin Casino Canada, Best Crypto Casinos
How Do We Select the Best Online Casino in Canada?
- Level of Security
- The online casino should have an SSL certificate and encrypt all transactions. It should also include RNG and guarantee random results of games.
- Banking Methods
- The provider should offer different payment and withdrawal options, including cards, digital wallets, crypto payments, and Bank transfers.
- A number Of Games and Developers
- A reputable casino should feature as many games as possible with accents on slots, table options, and live dealer games. Titles should come from the most prestigious software companies.
- Available Bonuses
- A respected casino should deliver different promotions for its players, including welcome promotions, free spins, no deposit deals, and VIP programs.
- Customer Support
- If you look for the best online casino, you should check whether the side provides support via chat, email, phone, and a contact form.
Why Should You Choose Online Casinos in Canada and Gamble Online? What Is a Responsible Gambling?
There are multiple reasons to choose online casinos in Canada and place bets even today. Online gambling is a pleasant and affordable experience. The security of casinos has drastically increased over the previous years and gamblers can rest assured about their protection. The choice of games is also satisfying and you will find everything you need.
When placing bets, you should take care of responsible behavior. If you behave responsibly, you will minimize the gambling-related risk and have fun. Everyone who takes care of a safe gambling environment should set safeguards when it comes to time limits and spending. Gambling should be a way of entertainment and not a way to make money. Additionally, you must not borrow money in order to place extra bets.
Responsible gambling is further supported by stakeholders, government, operators, regulators, community groups, and individual players.
Another way to keep your safety on a high level is self-exclusion. The tool is utilized when you want to have a break from gambling. For example, you can decide not to gamble for a certain time. It is also known as voluntary self-exclusion and applies in many jurisdictions such as North America, South Africa, Australia, Europe, and Asia.
What Are the Most Typical Bonuses at Online Casinos?
Best casinos in Canada feature a range of promotions for their members. It includes different offers such as welcome bonuses, free spins, no deposit deals, VIP offers, and cashback deals. The most enticing is the welcome bonus which is the main incentive for players to sign up at the site and complete the first deposit. The welcome bonus is usually available as a match deal up to a specific amount. For example, you may encounter 200% up to $1000 plus 200 free spins. This offer is great for newcomers as they get an opportunity for additional bets once they use the entire balance.
The next possible offer is no deposit bonus which is available without any prerequisites. Customers should only finish the sign up process without making any deposit. Once you make a payment, the provider will credit your account with a specific amount (free cash or some free spins on selected slots). However, some providers would also require the input of a certain code to claim the offer.
Free spins are also a great way to start betting experience in Canada. When you get some free spins, you have a chance to sample slots for free and enjoy their incredible features and full customization.
If you continue with regular deposits at the site, you will become a candidate for a VIP offer and a range of perks such as tickets, high withdrawal limits, personal manager of your account, and so on. Bonuses are really great and you should grab them from the first day.
Top Online Casino Games Providers Available for Canadians
- Microgaming – Microgaming was one of the first-ever companies to launch an online casino (in 1994). Nowadays more than 200 sites have software from them.
- Quickspin – Quickspin is Swedish studio that develops high-quality slots for the Canadian online gambling market. More than 100 sites have slots developed by them.
- Play’n GO – Company was founded in 2005. Most of Play’n GO’s slots is designed for mobile platforms and gamblers in mind. 120+ sites have software from this developer.
- NetEnt – NetEnt was founded in 1994. It has developed 200 thrilling games. 150 websites have software from this company.
- Evolution Gaming – Evolution Gaming is the leading developer of live games. 120+ sites have software from EG.
- Betsoft – BetSoft Gaming is the leader in true cinematic 3D gaming. More than 80 websites have software from this developer.
- Pragmatic Play – Pragmatic Play is pretty new company (founded in 2015). It is certified and licensed in over 20 jurisdictions. More than 70 sites have games from them.
- Novomatic – Novomatic is Austrian leading software provider. Company was founded in 1980. Most popular slots: Book of Maya, Dynasty Of Ming, Marco Polo.
- RTG – Realtime Gaming or RTG is software developing company with specialisation in download-based software. Was founded in 1998 and still operating.
- Playtech – Playtech is online gambling software development company. Playtech was founded in 1999 and still operating. Company is specialized in software for online casinos, poker rooms, scratch games, mobile gaming, live dealer games and fixed-odds online ones.
What Are the Leading Casino Games in Canada?
When it comes to the best games at top online casinos Canada, you can select from the following options:
- Slots: Slots are always recommended to players whether you belong to traditional gamblers or seasoned ones. They are simple, clear, and interesting. Just spin the reels on the machine and match identical symbols on the payline. Claim some coins or trigger a life-changing jackpot award even today.
- Blackjack: This game is known as 21 and players compete against the house. The aim of the title is to achieve a better result than the dealer and become a winner. However, you are not allowed to exceed 21.
- Roulette: This is one of the most enjoyable tables games where you place a wager on a certain number of groups of numbers on the wheel. If you make the correct prediction, you can receive amazing prizes.
- Baccarat: This is another card game, allowing users to predict the outcome: player, banker, or tie. The best possible option is to bet on a banker as it comes with the lowest house edge.
Best Online Slots Canada
- Is It Possible To Play Online Casinos In Canada?
- If you want to gamble online in Canada, this is more than possible now. In fact, it’s so available, you’ll have troubles choosing the site to deposit your money in. Not just that. There’s such versatility in terms of casino types and offers today, that you have so much to consider and choose from. You can choose between various deposit options, slots selection, amazing bonus offers.
- Is Online Gambling Fair?
- The process of gambling online is absolutely fair as long as the casino you play in is regulated by the state it works in. By choosing a licensed, regulated, and highly rated casinos, you’re enjoying high odds at winning real money by playing from any location, including your home.
- Is It Safe To Play Online Casinos In Canada?
- It is generally safe to play online. If you choose a bad casino, this can result poorly for you. However, the regulated and licensed casinos in Canada use highly advanced systems to process payments. So, as long as you choose a trusted casino, there’s nothing to worry about.
There’s one more reason why you should thread this lightly. Some casinos will use everything they can to avoid paying you your money. This is why when we evaluate casinos, we always check for testimonials and wagering requirements.
- How To Check Online Casinos?
- In order to enjoy real casino experience, you need to choose casino that’s worth your trust. An ideal casino will not only give you a welcome bonus, but it will also have many high-quality games you can play, a professional support service, as well as a reputation for fast payouts.
- What currencies are accepted Canadian online casinos?
- The currency that you can use to gamble online is usually based on where the casino is located. If you do a small research of search keyword: online casino Canada real money, you’ll find that their main and most frequently used currency for gambling is the Canadian dollar. Even so, many casinos offer various currency options as well as payment methods.
- What Payment Methods Are Accepted In Most Of Online Casinos Canada?
- Most online casinos have the traditional payment methods: wire transfer and credit/ debit cards. However, to increase the security of their players and give them more payment options, modern casinos decide to give one more popular option to their customers – e-wallets.
That being said, you should be looking for a casino that has your preferred method of payment. Also, you should get informed on how they require you to deposit or withdraw the funds, as well as how long it takes to get your money with each offered payment method.
- How To Deposit Money To Online Casino?
- To deposit money to an online casino, you’d have to use the casino’s accepted payment methods. These vary from one casino to the next one. The more popular casinos have multiple options to choose from.
- How To Withdraw Winnings From Canadian Online Casino?
- When you make a win at an online casino, you can decide to withdraw your money. As long as you’ve verified your profile and chosen a quality casino, you can withdraw your money by using the casino’s offered withdrawal methods. A casino may require that you use the same method as you used for deposits, or offer you plenty of options like cards, e-wallets, and wire transfers. These can also determine the speed of the processing of your funds.